The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By bizon Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:17 am
Does anyone know any person or company in UK where they could respray my MPC 60 MK1?
By Christov Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:21 pm
I don't know if he also paints them, but I remember a acquantance from the UK going to a guy or company called Jazzcat for refurbishing MPC's. I think he is on Facebook and/or instagram. Definitly Instagram.
By BostonGreen Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:33 pm
You could get a hydro dip kit off eBay ..... You'd have to stencil all the writing, but you'd have to do that if spraying too.
By bizon Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:19 pm
Cheers Christov, I'm afraid he is doing repairs without paint job.

BostonGreen that hydro dipping it's always an option. I'm just afraid I won't do that property. I could spray it all black, however I would like to keep original look and as you mentioned I would have to strencil all the writing which could be a bit overwhelming for me.
By Komatos Records Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:53 pm
Me likey the black paint scheme. Matches well with your other gear below (on the last picture). Almost looks like an MPC X (minus the red). I know, blasphemy. :lol:
By bizon Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:09 am
Looks quite good Sense-A. I wouldn't do it better.

This is my black MPC 4000:

Done by ghostinmpc and I did few changes like knobs and wooden side panels.

Regarding to MPC 60, I have managed to contact audiocustompl and he will respray front panel, reprint letters on the big buttons and refurb the screen cover. Still waiting for the parts to come back to me.
I have replaced all tact switches, did retrobright all buttons. My 60 will look like a new soon :-D
By Christov Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:56 pm
Those black 4000's are beautiful! Both of them.

And please post a pic of your 60 when it's done, would be nice to see it.
By bizon Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:47 pm
Sense-A wrote:Looks nice Bizon.

May I ask what your technique was for getting the lettering back on?

Also, i like the custom wrist pad you made. Have you considered going to the fabric store and getting some leather and filler and wrapping it with leather like the old MPC 60?

I haven't done anythin myself. You should ask ghostinmpc how to do lettering.

I think that armrest in my 4000 is too big to make it like in 60. I like how it looks now.