The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By mpcstuff.com Fri May 18, 2012 6:22 pm
inflict3 wrote:] :shock: holy ****!! with they tilt down too??

whats the knob on the back for??

The knobs on the back (MPC1000) and on the top left of the casing (MPC2500) are externally controlled contrast knobs.

The 1000 will not tilt. Unfortunately the spot it sit in restricts it. With tilt functionality it would have been VERY ugly. Our objective with the design was to go the least obtrusive and make it flow the best with the unit. We did the best we could on it after 12 different designs this was the best looking, still admittedly not the most beautiful thing but nothing was going to be since we were starting with such a small area.

The 2500 will tilt just as the original 2500 screen did utilizing same mounting points. It has extra range though so it will tilt more than the original (if you wish).

Ocular wrote:I'm speechless :o How much will these go for?

Price point should be under $200.00 - still working out some of the overall costs of production compared to price which we wont know totally for a couple more weeks.

The 2500s will be available first (sorry MPC1000 guys) it was only because we finished the MPC2500 design first since it was a bit easier given the area to mount.
By Mike Boogie Fri May 18, 2012 6:26 pm
Well the tilt question has been answered!

I think it inserts into where the old screen used to be, maybe using the same ribbon connectors...

This is interesting, to say the least. I'm kinda looking to buy my homies 1k for $200 now.
By crossings Fri May 18, 2012 6:40 pm
looks interesting... let's just hope these won't have the same bugs that the 2000XL screens have been having...
By TheUnfuckwithable Fri May 18, 2012 6:49 pm
mpcstuff.com wrote:Monday I will release turned on screen shots and show layouts. Also some vids next week on fitting them and using them.

can´t wait :shock:
By inflict3 Fri May 18, 2012 7:00 pm
mpcstuff.com wrote:
inflict3 wrote:] :shock: holy ****!! with they tilt down too??

whats the knob on the back for??

The knobs on the back (MPC1000) and on the top left of the casing (MPC2500) are externally controlled contrast knobs.

The 1000 will not tilt. Unfortunately the spot it sit in restricts it. With tilt functionality it would have been VERY ugly. Our objective with the design was to go the least obtrusive and make it flow the best with the unit. We did the best we could on it after 12 different designs this was the best looking, still admittedly not the most beautiful thing but nothing was going to be since we were starting with such a small area.

The 2500 will tilt just as the original 2500 screen did utilizing same mounting points. It has extra range though so it will tilt more than the original (if you wish).

Ocular wrote:I'm speechless :o How much will these go for?

Price point should be under $200.00 - still working out some of the overall costs of production compared to price which we wont know totally for a couple more weeks.

The 2500s will be available first (sorry MPC1000 guys) it was only because we finished the MPC2500 design first since it was a bit easier given the area to mount.

one more question, will there be a dark blue for the blue1000s? :D
By dtaa pla muk Fri May 18, 2012 7:10 pm
i certainly did not. not in a million years. this is the most in depth hardware mod yet, far far far beyond the scope of what akai thought would happen with their 1k.

mark my words, jjos will still be used and highly regarded in 10 years.
By bliprock Fri May 18, 2012 7:14 pm
whao, yeah impressive. So it can be removed easily? So for instance, I want to pack MPC1000 in a flight case and take it somewhere, or is it permanent fixture and has to be cased that way? either way its very good.
By mpcstuff.com Fri May 18, 2012 7:17 pm
inflict3 wrote:one more question, will there be a dark blue for the blue1000s? :D

Out of the mold, they will all be black for now.

3 options for the customers in regards to bezel colors (prices depend)

1. Its black...deal with it :) (Cheap)

2. Have our skin manufacturer (12inchskinz) make skins for them to match blue casings (or current color skins, ie white) (Mid Range )

3. Get some painted the same color as the MPC for those that want to spend a bit more cash but get the best overall look (More Expensive)
By crossings Fri May 18, 2012 7:21 pm
Nym wrote:i certainly did not. not in a million years. this is the most in depth hardware mod yet, far far far beyond the scope of what akai thought would happen with their 1k.

mark my words, jjos will still be used and highly regarded in 10 years.

true... and the fact that 3rd party companies are the ones profiting off of AKAI's line of products with operating systems and all kinds of accessories speaks volumes on how little AKAI truly cares about their own products and the people that use them.

now all we need is someone to come up with rubber buttons with a different kind of tact switch that actually lasts... something similar to the buttons on the SP-303 or 404 or whatever... not ones that make clicking noises until they eventually just die. feel free to steal that idea, mpcstuff... :mrgreen:
By TheUnfuckwithable Fri May 18, 2012 7:26 pm
crossings wrote:now all we need is someone to come up with rubber buttons with a different kind of tact switch that actually lasts...

this and a smooth jog wheel!
By damien907 Fri May 18, 2012 10:14 pm
oh shit, that looks crazy! the screen on it is huge, you guys should do a regular sized version as well. has there been any talk of that? or did you try and it didnt work out as well?

props though, that is awesome what your doing although potability is a huge factor for me.

i do wanna see the workflow video though, i may just have to cop to have an extra one laying around for when im not traveling. 8)