The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By JUKE 179r Fri May 18, 2012 11:13 pm
I'm just now reading this post. Very fkn impressive from mpcstuff.com!!! 8)

I'd definitely like to see ones for the 2000 & XL. Keep 'em coming!
By crossings Fri May 18, 2012 11:57 pm
taiden wrote:What's the purpose of the larger screen?

are you on some kind of a mission today to ask questions with obvious answers? :lol:
By TYPO Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 am
Brilliant design mpcstuff.Cannot wait for screen shots and videos.
By taiden Sat May 19, 2012 12:31 am
crossings wrote:

are you on some kind of a mission today to ask questions with obvious answers? :lol:

Think about it though. It's the same width, but it's taller. Without changing the software it would just be stretched. So my question remains the same, what's the point?
By crossings Sat May 19, 2012 12:35 am
taiden wrote:
crossings wrote:

Think about it though. It's the same width, but it's taller. Without changing the software it would just be stretched. So my question remains the same, what's the point?

just wait until the pics/videos get released on monday... we'll all get to see what it looks like.
By JUKE 179r Sat May 19, 2012 12:38 am
taiden wrote:Think about it though. It's the same width, but it's taller. Without changing the software it would just be stretched. So my question remains the same, what's the point?

Think viewing on an iPhone vs viewing on an iPad minus the many colors and apps :wink:
By Sooty_G Sat May 19, 2012 4:16 am
yeah, like taiden said: is the display stretched or something? i can't imagine that would look too good.

i had an idea way back in the day to secure an angled prism (the same size as the display) to the surface of the mpc screen with magnets as a cheap tiltscreen.

cons: can't adjust the tilt.

pros: very cheap. removable. don't have to open up or mod the mpc. might look really cool.

i was never able to find suitable prisms but i didn't look super hard. if anyone wants to take this idea and run with it be my guest!
By JAH Sat May 19, 2012 7:32 am
I am blind...the 3rd party MPC 1K/2.5K OS has a smaller font than the Akai OS. It also displays more information. So a larger LCD would be really nice. Having more LCD real-estate could give 3rd party programmers more flexibility. The larger LCDs of the MPC 4000 and 5000 showcase the amount of info you can display.
By damien907 Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 am
damn, i would really like to see one that doesnt look so huge, something like the 2500 casing, except a tad smaller and the regular sized lcd. i think that could be done, i dont see why it couldent anyway.

mpcstuff, was this one of your failed attempts? or did you start out the gate with this huge screen?
By m:t:c Sat May 19, 2012 9:19 am
WHOA! :shock: Can't wait to see more. Looks like on 2500 you have one extra knob (contrast?) on the case near "rec gain"-knob which would mean that you'd need special casing or drill one extra hole?

edit: the aforementioned knob replaces "input thru"-button?
By bliprock Sat May 19, 2012 5:47 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Think viewing on an iPhone vs viewing on an iPad minus the many colors and apps :wink:

yeah its just got 'one' killer app . JJOS. When is the hidef tv out happening? :wink:
By Lampdog Sat May 19, 2012 6:25 pm
bliprock wrote:
JUKE 179r wrote:Think viewing on an iPhone vs viewing on an iPad minus the many colors and apps :wink:

yeah its just got 'one' killer app . JJOS. When is the hidef tv out happening? :wink:

hdmi? :lol: