The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By jibber Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:06 pm
Merry christmas forum fam, hope you're all enjoying the holidays. :smoker:

I'm always on a quest to find the perfect setup in my living room... i like small footprint stuff and so i decided to build a small table / stand for my mixer.

A few pics...

Materials ready.

Everything planned and measured.

Real pros paint in the living room... :mrgreen: :popcorn:

After some drilling holes and screwing things together... done.

There's space for 3HE rack stuff and a smaller space for my monitor controller.

Thanks to the wheels it's easy to roll out of the way when not needed.

Also changed the way i'm using the ikea furniture...

Basically i swithced it 90 degrees and put two of the four rollers on the backside. This puts the rack gear at a nice height angled at the person who operates it. Very very comfortable and also a smaller footprint. I routed the cables to the outside through the top and labeled them, easy to just roll it in place and connect it to the mixer.

It even looks a bit fancy... :mrgreen:

On the table i'm left with the essentials (drum machine and record player), as a result it feels fun and less cluttered. Very happy, but still need to improve it somehow... putting the setup together (including connecting cables) still takes a good 15 minutes... :? :oops:

Peace!
By Mike Boogie Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:07 pm
Super Slick. Always good to see an Ikea hack come to life. The cord setup is genius. Good thinking outside of the box.
By richie Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:56 pm
@soza do a google search for 'ikea rackmount lack' and you'll see all sorts of configurations that can be done for all your rackmount equipment.
By jibber Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:10 pm
Thanks guys. Yeah, it's the ikea "lack" series. :smoker:
By jibber Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:00 am
Hehe, but you have your music shed where you can get drunk away from the children and wife... (Just kidding)! ;)