The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By saltmcgault Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:06 pm
Ill-Green wrote::lol: Its just for show, but in its place will be a Roland Cube Cm30. That speaker can handle the crazy lows of the DJS-1000. :nod:

Did some quick sketches, just making them as I think it up. More coming. The yellow lines represent light fixtures coming from the top.

the 1st would be nice but the 2nd looks more practical since my studio apt is 11'x12' its my bedroom living room and studio all in 1!!!!! very "roomy" :lol: . Nice idea with the lights.
By Sense-A Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:10 pm
The end product looked like it was more designed for portability, protection than looks. It looks like my turntable DJ coffin.

The drawings are creative and great.

I love DIY stuff like this. You should advertise locally and offer to make custom boxes for people's musical gear. You could make extra money on the side to fund more of your own musical purchases or your other hobbies.

I have a Korg Minilogue XD that is slightly to wide to put into a 19" rack. I've been wanting to make a custom rack that makes a special space for it and then lets me stack other 19" gear above it for filters, effects, patchbay, midi patching, etc.

Also, the behringer model D is about the same width as my mpc 1000. It would be cool to have a stand that mounts it behind the mpc 1000 just like the Akai MFC 42 used to mount and sit behind the mpc 2000xl.

A wooden MPC stand that puts the MPC at a slight slant and has a small pullout drawer would be cool. The pullout drawer could keep extra cf cards, the usb cable, midi cables, 1/4 cables, extra parts.

What's the cheapest way to fabricate some 19" rack rails for audio equipment? Or can I just buy long lengths of rack rail and cut it down later?

I'd also like to build my own modular 3U or 6U rack case.

In that last drawing, it would be cool if the yellow was some kind of built in LED lighting. And you could build in a rack power conditioner.