The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By Acke Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:32 am
Has anyone here managed to do it? I've read some old thread and there was someone who did it but he never posted the blueprints for them. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could get a replacement button without having to order a whole whole set for like $40??
By JUKE 179r Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:57 am
I'm sure it can be done but yeah.... no one has posted back on here about completing it.
By Acke Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:01 am
JUKE 179r wrote:I'm sure it can be done but yeah.... no one has posted back on here about completing it.

viewtopic.php?t=164933

Read this, he did it but never posted how. But atleast it could be done! I might try to do it although I have no experience in 3d printing.
By JUKE 179r Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:22 pm
Good find. I missed reading that thread.
By saltmcgault Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:06 pm
Acke wrote:
JUKE 179r wrote:I'm sure it can be done but yeah.... no one has posted back on here about completing it.

viewtopic.php?t=164933

Read this, he did it but never posted how. But atleast it could be done! I might try to do it although I have no experience in 3d printing.

I use a 3d cad program at my job and I have old buttons still stored away. I could draw them up. I just don't have a 3d program nor do I know what would be the best material to use.
By Acke Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:55 pm
Man that would be awesome! I have access to a 3d printer and someone who knows how to operate it through my school! In the thread I linked earlier they had some suggestions for what kind of plastic to use:

Hey. I work in a 3d-printing company, so i know a few things about this stuff. You are right that ABS is much better for something like this than PLA. PETG would also be a good material. But if your printer can print PC(polycarbonate), that would be even better than ABS or PETG.

If you want to spend a bit of time to draw them I could try to print them out and see if it works. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding you can't connect the part you press with the part that hits the switch underneath through 3d printing, correct? I saw this video (linked below) where some dude used double sided tape to do this, maybe we can try that?

[youtube]=OQ5ScgSAK4E[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ5ScgSAK4E

Kinda weird but still!