The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By marcelote Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:03 pm
Hi, producing Wood Side Panels for the 2.5k.

Using Swedish Lumber wood but any other material is welcome.

I'll be offering 2 side panels and 4x Swedish Quality Screws that don't sells openly.

I am adressing ths front fit.

Prices will be from around 250EU for both sides as cost productions are high.

I will Ship to any country of the world.

Here are the models i am working on.

And on the week i'll be doing the inside for perfect fit.

Here are some pic of the panels whit my username and date so you don't feel like this is some kind of hustle or bullcrap.

this is happening!

And Last, i'll be getting panels for1k- 3k and 4K any time soon!.

Regards!

This is the issue that MPCstuff dont adress and leave this open side wich is uggly, and this is what i am fixing.
By richie Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:37 am
Just so we're clear here - Is what you have shown in the pictures here the actual final product?
By marcelote Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:37 am
richie wrote:Just so we're clear here - Is what you have shown in the pictures here the actual final product?

No it is not final product, mpc2500 have to be carved on both side to fit the front side cover , else it leaves that opening shown on the last photo.

I am pointing out now clearly what other sellers leave as an issue wich is shown there.

*Been really busy and tired so i forgot to write it down on the post, i tought i had written every detail.

i'll be uploading the final product under the comming week whit the front side/inside finished.
By Lampdog Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:09 am
@op, I fixed your pics, they weren’t initially showing.
By JUKE 179r Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 am
Welcome to the forum.
By marcelote Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:59 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Is there a reason the wood isn't flush with the top and extends to the end of the MPC 2500?

Sorry i don't understand what you mean.

are the first picture or the last ones posted today?

They are covering the faceplate now as orignal does, and some part of the front were the holes are between the jacks covering almost all that .

Tought i can extend them completely but it takes more time making them more expensive but it is possible.

I haven't extended them to the back because i am trying to keep the original look.
By richie Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:42 pm
I don't mean this in any rude way but the pictures you have posted so far do not seem to justify the 250 Euro asking price, so it's probably best that you wait and post the final product when you're sure of what you're actually offering.
By Lampdog Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:50 pm
I see 2 things standing in the way of your sales.

The top is “on top” of the edge. Turning the data wheel will be slightly troublesome
and people will not want that. They will likely want it flat (flush) with the top of the mpc.

Back of wood. Why does it stop short of going all the way back? That is just ugly.

Price is something all different.
By Lampdog Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:51 pm
Is it so hard to make a side EXACTLY the same size / shape as the chassis side?
By marcelote Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:23 pm
richie wrote:I don't mean this in any rude way but the pictures you have posted so far do not seem to justify the 250 Euro asking price, so it's probably best that you wait and post the final product when you're sure of what you're actually offering.

Well keep scrolling down. :-D
By marcelote Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:30 pm
Lampdog wrote:I see 2 things standing in the way of your sales.

The top is “on top” of the edge. Turning the data wheel will be slightly troublesome
and people will not want that. They will likely want it flat (flush) with the top of the mpc.

Back of wood. Why does it stop short of going all the way back? That is just ugly.

Price is something all different.

Mpc 2.5k modell is so whit the edges over the face plate.

But as you describe it i can make that face plate for lesser cost.

Lets say 100euro including the 4 screws.

IT takes more Time and work to work on both sides than just make one almost flat side.

Keeping in mind that mpc stuff is just a flat piece of cheap wood and no details added
I can make custom carves aswell if requested but as pointed more time the more expensive it gets.

And answering the secons quote : no its not Hard to extend all the way to the back.
I am just trying to keep the original looks.

As there was for 10years ago or so, one seller who made this pieces i am making and people who actually have checked the wooden pieces for 2.5k dont like the mpc stuff modell as they are puré ugly and made out of cheap wood.

I am offering good swedish wood wich also adds up to the cost.

And van ofcorse make from any other material such as aluminium. Steel, etc...

But ofcorse i can get old Ikea furnitue and make out of that :-D
Last edited by marcelote on Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.