The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By Ultros Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:48 am
I know im an idiot i didnt see it until i unmasked the ui to the synth plugins... its burried way over on the right like you said. i cant believe i never noticed it before... i was trippin cus im tired. been a rough few days of computers i need a few days of chill and collect my thoughts. I'll return with sane thoughts... *facepalms* i do have it half-ways working in the force sw though, making progress on that side.
By Jack Pimiento Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:59 pm
EnochLight wrote:There's some effects plugins on there that aren't on the Force currently:

AIR Music Technology - MPC - AIR Vocal Doubler
AIR Music Technology - MPC - AIR Vocal Harmonizer
AIR Music Technology - MPC - AIR Vocal Tuner
Akai Professional - MPC - Granulator
Akai Professional - MPC - Sample Delay

Some sort of granular synth/ on the MPC would be awesome!

Assuming that's what the granulator is?
By Ultros Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:42 pm
Looks like momma's WRONG AGIN! There's somethin' wrong with *his* medula oblongata *gloat gloat. 3 days.. lol

So here's the deal, events are still not being captured but i didnt mess with it much im exhausted from this hack marathon. I will do some tests with external controllers and see what I come up with. Hopefully I can hack the sysex stuff next.

*update* input events from my akai mini play are indeed working. I am enjoying the full force experience as we speak, and so will you fine folks gimme a day to wrap it up proper and stick a bow on it for v2.

By Certified Beatz Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:15 pm
Ultros wrote:Looks like momma's WRONG AGIN! There's somethin' wrong with *his* medula oblongata *gloat gloat. 3 days.. lol

So here's the deal, events are still not being captured but i didnt mess with it much im exhausted from this hack marathon. I will do some tests with external controllers and see what I come up with. Hopefully I can hack the sysex stuff next.

*update* input events from my akai mini play are indeed working. I am enjoying the full force experience as we speak, and so will you fine folks gimme a day to wrap it up proper and stick a bow on it for v2.

Take your time.....
By Ultros Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:44 am
Ok Ok last post of the day.. I keep posting but i know others wanna see this crap as much as I do. So only the pad buttons dont work all the hot-keys work beauty.

My korg micro-key works, my mpk-mini-play and my akai mpx-8 works over usb and 5pin and has those extra pads so that works. Worse comes to worse if cant correct the pad buttons and use our keyboards. (save the mpc's buttons anyways)

Pay no mind the the level and quality of music lmfao thats just something to show in the video. so ppl can see that its functioning properly. G'night.

https://streamable.com/9qbth7
By Ultros Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:04 pm
Hakai CFW Version 2

Here it is! Completely "thekikgen" code-free, it works! pad buttons arent functional in the matrix or in the sequencer but external are. so if you got one of those matrix pads you're probably fine, not sure. Also lol here is a funny thing, if you try to record a clip of events from the mixer window IT WORKS. Which points out it's a software problem switching between input modes on different screens not that anyone gives a shit but it may be fixable with a little elbow grease.

Things to know:
There is no ssh most of you dont need it.
it will not brick your MPC.
Force and MPC projects are interoperable (but only force has hypesynth which you'll need to obtain the presets and oscillators for from someone)
if you name your usb card or your micro-sd card "acvs-synths" you can then copy the synth collection for hypesynth to it and insert it into the unit and the force software will see it.
Unlike the mpc you have to press *shift+overdub* to record input events.

To the snoopy ones of you who dissect the image the /usr/bin/az01-launch-MPC script is the one of interest to you it reveals all the magic. Also Notice no branding? no name tagging? none of that shit? it's because I don't care about glory and notoriety I care about delivering.

2cf301cae7a7ea14bad9392d6c04483e MPC-2.9.0-update.img
cafeab71d204141f7a99cd7e25e906af455122fa MPC-2.9.0-update.img

Does one of the moderators want to please replace my link in the first post with this one please? https://www.sendspace.com/file/m5x6un.

By Ultros Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:24 pm
Now that's completed, I'm moving on folks nice knowin' ya lol. There's enough information in my rom indicating how to spoof the other units that I don't feel like I need to continue some onslaught against a company I actually really like. I just wanted to see it work and I accomplished that. Thank you to the users, thank you to the staff (for tollerating me and having faith that I am not insane) and thank you to Akai for making such wonderful hardware.

Also @ thekikgen, if you had any sense youd realise the software is interfacing with the midi device nodes in /dev/snd and you are wasting your time interfacing on a level you dont need to. Hijack libinput.

Re:

By 40Beatz Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:56 pm
Ultros wrote:Now that's completed, I'm moving on folks nice knowin' ya lol.

Whew.... Thank You :lol:

Re:

By The KikGen Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:27 am
Ultros wrote: Also @ thekikgen, if you had any sense youd realise the software is interfacing with the midi device nodes in /dev/snd and you are wasting your time interfacing on a level you dont need to. Hijack libinput.

Thanks, my dear Ultros. As you already know, I haven't any, and I like wasting my time during lockdown ! :lol:

Hijacking the product code is not enough as pads are totally inoperants because of sysex I mentioned above.
It is obviously possible to swap on the fly your MPC One sysex id with the Force one as I did with the Live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVG7otydEA0

I use Alsa rather than /dev/snd at the filesystem level to stick to the application workflow.
libinput ? it is used for touchscreen and "GPIO keys" like the the power button . Midi controller is not managed at all as a libinput device, or I don't understand the "sense" of your point.

Anyway, I invite you to join us in the fb hacking group to continue the discussion ( and free beer ?), knowing that the objective is not to attack Akai/InMusic, quite the contrary. We are all fans of MPCs and I've been a fan of the brand for a long time (MPC Live / MPC X and before MPC 2500) !
By Ultros Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:40 am
The KikGen wrote:
Ultros wrote: Also @ thekikgen, if you had any sense youd realise the software is interfacing with the midi device nodes in /dev/snd and you are wasting your time interfacing on a level you dont need to. Hijack libinput.

Thanks, my dear Ultros. As you already know, I haven't any, and I like wasting my time during lockdown ! :lol:

Hijacking the product code is not enough as pads are totally inoperants because of sysex I mentioned above.
It is obviously possible to swap on the fly your MPC One sysex id with the Force one as I did with the Live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVG7otydEA0

I use Alsa rather than /dev/snd at the filesystem level to stick to the application workflow.
libinput ? it is used for touchscreen and "GPIO keys" like the the power button . Midi controller is not managed at all as a libinput device, or I don't understand the "sense" of your point.

Anyway, I invite you to join us in the fb hacking group to continue the discussion ( and free beer ?), knowing that the objective is not to attack Akai/InMusic, quite the contrary. We are all fans of MPCs and I've been a fan of the brand for a long time (MPC Live / MPC X and before MPC 2500) !

Awe shucks! I really appreciate the invite but sadly I shut my facebook account down about a month ago. I can't handle that website it's full of covidians! (They told me to socially distance so I am lol). I will be around hovering, as per usual.

I saw your most recent post (the IAMFORCE). Very nice!!! You did it, I need a matrix pad now! I will just keep posting my findings and code to github whenever I find something interesting.

So in my angry haste to escape your wrath and make a second version of my fw i missed a bunch if things. If you dont mind I would prefer just to use your images to build on, i will keep all tags and give all appropriate props if i post next time haha. At the moment I think we kind of need to give these people 2 things. Loading of MPC.settings from memcard, loading of MIDI mapping from memory card. Copy from rootfs to sd, then mount bind the folder back treat it like an rw fs, we got a nice standard prefix to tell ppl to use then. rather than a path that will have a variable name in it.

How many times do you come here and see people like "HALP HAO 2 MIDI MAP?" We can fix that so easy and allow users who arent as familiar with coding and linux to have the ability to map their devices. Then in some "good faith" terms of use we ask them to submit their maps to be databased on github.
By The KikGen Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm
Ultros wrote: Awe shucks! I really appreciate the invite but sadly I shut my facebook account down about a month ago. I can't handle that website it's full of covidians! (They told me to socially distance so I am lol). I will be around hovering, as per usual.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not in our group ! We ban them as soon as they are positive to a test. :Sigh:
Ultros wrote:If you dont mind I would prefer just to use your images to build on, i will keep all tags and give all appropriate props if i post next time haha.

No probs. All is given to the community. Not for the money (I'm already rich) , not for the glory , just for the sport...Add your own tag !
Ultros wrote:
At the moment I think we kind of need to give these people 2 things. Loading of MPC.settings from memcard, loading of MIDI mapping from memory card. Copy from rootfs to sd, then mount bind the folder back treat it like an rw fs, we got a nice standard prefix to tell ppl to use then. rather than a path that will have a variable name in it.

a more industrialized approach within a user's scope is indeed a hot topic. Furthermore, the mod must be easily inactivated, for example by removing the external sd card or the usb key. That's why I started building a bootstrap with a modular approach but this is largely improvable !
Maybe the idea would be to make an "all included" FAT32 sdcard image to be flashed on a key directly, with a tool like etcher (less dangerous than dd). Documenting is also a hot topic....
Ultros wrote:
How many times do you come here and see people like "HALP HAO 2 MIDI MAP?" We can fix that so easy and allow users who arent as familiar with coding and linux to have the ability to map their devices. Then in some "good faith" terms of use we ask them to submit their maps to be databased on github.

Very good idea. Note that Force hasn't the "midi global mapping" yet (no controller mode), but advanced users can deploy the ld_preload anyctrl_lt.so with an ssh access to get exactly the same result without the mapping file.
By The KikGen Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:42 pm
Ulrich Holtzach wrote::worthy:

I just discovered your work, it is amazing. Is it possible to tap into the audio layer ?

I'm downloading the SSH-enabled OS right now to try some things :mrgreen:

:nod: Welcome ! Some guys have managed to connect external sound cards to get more channels.
Very recent post in the fb group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/550328948678055