The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By Butterbird224 Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:20 pm
Hey all!

I just got a broken MPC Renaissance in December in an attempt to repair it myself. I've just been having the same issue since then and I'm running out of ideas.

Whenever I plug it in, the screen starts flickering but it doesn't boot up at all. I opened it up to see if it was a hardware issue and cleaned up/re-soldered the little amount of corrosion that may have been messing it up. But it still wouldn't boot up.

I also tried to give it a Firmware update but my mac didn't recognize it. I was thinking of maybe putting it in DFU mode or doing a hard reset so my laptop could recognize it first as an external drive and then I could install the Firmware. If any of y'all know how to set up DFU mode or do a hard reset for MPC Ren that would be really helpful, as well as any other advice.
(Keeping in mind that I CANNOT access anything on the screen)

I've looked on other forums and seen people have similar issues with the ren but no one has any information on how to actually fix this issue.
Any advice would help,

Peace.