Forum for all other samplers including Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Emu, Roland, Yamaha, Korg, Boss, Ensoniq... and even Beat Thang.
By Cornish1999 Sun May 12, 2019 6:22 pm
Thanks Ill

Hope you’re doing good man

Yep, synth riff from one of the supplied Sample packs baked in, few other bits sampled in fresh too

Sequences about 10 patterns and then just jammed with them live whilst recording it into ableton.

Love this machine.

My local dj/synth shop love it too and shake their heads at how low key it is.

Had a scratch dj friend round today and he live scratched on a deck whilst I sampled him live into the djs and built a beat. He couldn’t belive the speed and flow lol.

Glad we got in while we did Ill

Keep well brother
User avatar
By Ill-Green Sun May 12, 2019 11:54 pm
Ha yeah, I thought I was the only one recording and playing patterns into the DAW. I love that you get a bit of Digitakt control over the sequences, lots of remixes can be made on the fly. Good one Cornish!

Pioneer created something on a level that other companies have not thought up yet. Because the DJS is focused on the DJ where conditions are more chaotic than a producer in the studio with a cup of coffee and newspaper, its more on the fly than any sampler in history.

I love that its kinda Roland SP-ish too, though I wish it did have its 180 minute limit per pad like the SPs but 1 minute per pad is cool, stereo or mono. :-D
User avatar
By Wormhelmet Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 am
Ill-Green wrote:Ha yeah, I thought I was the only one recording and playing patterns into the DAW. I love that you get a bit of Digitakt control over the sequences, lots of remixes can be made on the fly. Good one Cornish!

Pioneer created something on a level that other companies have not thought up yet. Because the DJS is focused on the DJ where conditions are more chaotic than a producer in the studio with a cup of coffee and newspaper, its more on the fly than any sampler in history.

I love that its kinda Roland SP-ish too, though I wish it did have its 180 minute limit per pad like the SPs but 1 minute per pad is cool, stereo or mono. :-D


To me it looks like they did that live oriented play with the new Squid sequencer also. Looks like it would pair well with the djs-1000. I was pretty skeptical seeing it in action on the first part of the marketing video, but after watching the whole thing and seeing features explained, then checking price of it, it looks pretty sweet.

My Spectralis 2 sequencer has features like that to flip around the sequence live in a bunch of different ways and never have to stop the sequencer running. It’s one reason why I gave up the DAW for hardware. Sitting and tediously mixing is fun in its own right, but I like to play. Guitar, keys, drums, live sequencers.
User avatar
By Ill-Green Wed May 15, 2019 2:47 am
Wormhelmet wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Ha yeah, I thought I was the only one recording and playing patterns into the DAW. I love that you get a bit of Digitakt control over the sequences, lots of remixes can be made on the fly. Good one Cornish!

Pioneer created something on a level that other companies have not thought up yet. Because the DJS is focused on the DJ where conditions are more chaotic than a producer in the studio with a cup of coffee and newspaper, its more on the fly than any sampler in history.

I love that its kinda Roland SP-ish too, though I wish it did have its 180 minute limit per pad like the SPs but 1 minute per pad is cool, stereo or mono. :-D


To me it looks like they did that live oriented play with the new Squid sequencer also. Looks like it would pair well with the djs-1000. I was pretty skeptical seeing it in action on the first part of the marketing video, but after watching the whole thing and seeing features explained, then checking price of it, it looks pretty sweet.

My Spectralis 2 sequencer has features like that to flip around the sequence live in a bunch of different ways and never have to stop the sequencer running. It’s one reason why I gave up the DAW for hardware. Sitting and tediously mixing is fun in its own right, but I like to play. Guitar, keys, drums, live sequencers.

Exactly my man. Even though my thing is Hip Hop, I like being musical in my craft and keep it going until I can think of a perfect outro ending. Sometimes it can go on for hours until I realized an outro :mrgreen:

The SP-16 is on the fly too. I totally slept on that but it wasn't on the DJS' level until a couple updates later. I still bought it even after much research between the two. The Squid looks like a sequencer but I haven't seen it in action yet since its notice. Guess, there's more by now. :idea:
By d2ba Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 pm
Hi looking at getting a pair of these ---what updates since release on DJS-1000?
Will DJS-1000 ever have song mode?
User avatar
By Ill-Green Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:39 pm
So far, the last update was OS 1.11 on Jun.'18.

I have spoke with Pioneer DJ a few times. They are working on an update, things are changing for administration so it will be kinda slow when it finally gets out. Good thing about the changes is that now Toraiz will be its own branch from Pioneer DJ and will be about beat production products.

If there is a song mode coming, most likely it'll be a pattern chaining list type. Thats all I know, but believe Pioneer is listening.
By chino Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:51 pm
Ill-Green wrote:So far, the last update was OS 1.11 on Jun.'18.

I have spoke with Pioneer DJ a few times. They are working on an update, things are changing for administration so it will be kinda slow when it finally gets out. Good thing about the changes is that now Toraiz will be its own branch from Pioneer DJ and will be about beat production products.

If there is a song mode coming, most likely it'll be a pattern chaining list type. Thats all I know, but believe Pioneer is listening.


I'd like to see a "NORMALIZE" feature added & more Fxs in the next firmware update. Song mode via a pattern chaining list would be cool too.

I have a wish list for a MK2 version...

1. Add a button below the FX button for a 'KEY'board function with an Arp.
2. Add built in storage via a user replaceable SSD.
3. Add 4 more bar buttons.
User avatar
By Ill-Green Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 am
chino wrote:
I'd like to see a "NORMALIZE" feature added & more Fxs in the next firmware update. Song mode via a pattern chaining list would be cool too.

I have a wish list for a MK2 version...

1. Add a button below the FX button for a 'KEY'board function with an Arp.
2. Add built in storage via a user replaceable SSD.
3. Add 4 more bar buttons.


Hey Chino!

Pioneer DJ just released an update for the SP-16. A second FX was added and ability to MIDI clock with any DAW. Too bad no delete feature yet...damn.

Yo! Had no idea Normalize was missing, never thought to use it at all. And I'm a big normalize buff! Good to know, I'll mention it.

At least this is promising, I am very hopeful for the next DJS-1000 update :mrgreen: