Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:17 pm
I don’t doubt you fresh breath, and I’m not really skeptical more than I am experienced with these units.

You may not agree, that’s ok, but my opinion still stands that this is like comparing a 200.00 squire strat to a vintage 2000.00 strat. Yes even touring musicians can play the same songs, makes them sound the same, etc. but that doesn’t change the quality found in the vintage.

I have samples on my live from both a mother 32 and boog, BOTH of which I sold. I just preferred the tone of the 32 over what I felt was lack luster on the boog.

If I felt compelled I would prolly buy both again. Even down to getting this new “poly” d...

It’s price cutting Charles, and I applaud them for it. All these synths they are putting out seem to have the same overall tone to them... even though the respective synths are very different.

He put up a crave video, which is based on a prophet 5, and compared it too a moog 32 which is based on the old moog modular oscillators. Yes you can get them to sound the same. But a very disingenuous comparison in my opinion... besides the similar feature they are very much different synths.

Compare that crave to a pioneer as-1 if you want something that should be “close” oscillator wise.

You can come close with copying oscillators but they also have their own patent. I believe this is the exact reason why the behringer s all lack the presence and depth of the stuff they are trying to clone. IMO

And that’s all fine and dandy by me. Behringer is setting a bar, but I’m not going to not notice stuff in seeing for the sake of behringer worship.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:54 pm
The Dave Smith sounds good, the Mother32 sounds good, and the Crave sounds good. There's no Jim Jones action over here...
By Cockdiesel Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:09 am
That demo was light years better. There was some extra processing going on but shows you can get it to sound very good. This guy can really play too which helps. I’d have to see how the chords and pads sound on other demos. Maybe I just don’t vibe well with monos... the dsi was nice when I had it. So I donno. Lol.
By Fre$hBreath Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:45 am

Exciting announcement from Behringer, they are bringing a Eurorack case and modules to the table!
By Cockdiesel Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:24 am

Behringer is going to go full retard in 2020....
they even light fire under korgs ass to do a limited reissue of the arp 2600...
Watch them come up with an asr-10 clone with analog filters and bbd delays like I was cooking up way back...lol Akai better hurry up and set the bar high on a keyboard workstation...
By Cockdiesel Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:24 am
Behringer is dropping 2-3 products everyday it seems. Mics and rack gear the last week.

Mics look great but I wonder their quality.

Same generic rack mount gear as usual except the stereo audiophile tube preamp caught my eye some.

Wait until they start cloning studer and Neotek boards...
By CharlesRandolph Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:03 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Behringer is dropping 2-3 products everyday it seems. Mics and rack gear the last week.

Mics look great but I wonder their quality.

Same generic rack mount gear as usual except the stereo audiophile tube preamp caught my eye some.

Wait until they start cloning studer and Neotek boards...

Behringer is on mission, one must respect their push.
By Cockdiesel Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:14 am
Agree. Not sure I how feel about it on a lot of levels morally and politically but they are hammering everyone on every level.

Pretty sure the used market for gear is doeing because the extra 2-300 bucks is going to the new clone desktop synth...