Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Lampdog Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:10 pm

It’s why night mode on several devices looks more warm, blue tint/light is significantly lessened when natural light is absent.

Protect your eyes man.
By Danoc Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:43 pm
Thanks Lamp for the info, much respect.

Let me clarify a few things. The blue background light you see is light that is REFLECTED from the wall, it will not be light that is coming DIRECTLY into my eyes like a phone or a light bulb.

While its reflecting off the wall it loses its intensity as if l were looking directly into it. Meaning the blue light travels a certain distance, reflect, l see the reflected end light tail that can do no harm. I have 20 color scheme also, it won't always be blue. It's RGB LED , l can use white, lavender , yellow , green, red etc.

Here's what l found:

Basking in light is one of our basic needs. It can boost our energy, elevate our mood and is important for regulating our circadian rhythm – our natural wakefulness and sleep cycle. During the long winter months, when sunlight is limited, we’re always trying to find ways to get more light.

But too much light at the wrong time can be harmful. Specifically, we need darkness to sleep. An overabundance of blue light from ever-present computers and cell phones can cause daytime fatigue and upset our natural rhythms.
While there’s no strong scientific evidence that blue light from digital devices causes damage to your eyes, there is a growing concern that blue light can have long-term effects on our health.

Here’s why: Sunlight contains visible and invisible ultraviolet light rays. Visible light rays come in different colors – red, orange, yellow, green and blue – that have varying wavelengths and emit varying amounts of energy. Warmer color light rays that have relatively long wavelengths contain less energy, and cooler colors with short wavelengths have more energy. Rays on the blue end of the spectrum have shorter wavelengths and more energy.

Blue light is the closest to invisible, ultraviolet light on the color spectrum. Ultraviolet light has the shortest wavelength and is known to be dangerous. It can burn your skin in the form of a sunburn and lead to cancer. Ultraviolet rays also can burn your eyes particularly the cornea – and lead to eye diseases such as snow blindness or welders cornea. Research also suggests and that it has a role in cataract formation.

We know less about blue light, as its effects are still being researched. But because blue light is close on the spectrum to ultraviolet light, it's caused alarm and is on the radar of ophthalmologists.

Is it a health crisis? No – a lot of it is speculation and theory, although we do know that it can affect circadian rhythm and the development of melatonin in our bodies. But as people are curious, we want to educate our patients.

The sun is the main source. It’s also present in fluorescent lights, LED lighting, flat-screen TVs, computer screens and smartphones. These sources contain a small amount of blue light compared to the sun, but just think of the amount of time we spend on these devices and how close we put our faces to them.

The fear is that it's causing cumulative damage over a long period of time, as it passes through the cornea and lens and reaches the retina. One animal study showed blue light can cause toxicity to retina photosensitive cells, which are irreplaceable. The theory is that if it's toxic to animal models then it can be to human beings. (A large study that evaluated blue light in the rate of cataract formation in humans ended up being inconclusive.)

https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/blog/blue ... and-vision

Lampdog wrote:Image

It’s why night mode on several devices looks more warm, blue tint/light is significantly lessened when natural light is absent.

Protect your eyes man.
By hyena Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 am
my favourite piece of gear besides mpc's is orthogonal devices er-301 sound computer. unfortunately its only available in eurorack module format, i think it might sell tons if available as desktop also. anyway, it is like having a standalone reaktor with huge sampling\looping capabilities. you build your own instruments. paired with a good sequencer like an mpc its killa combo!
By Ill-Green Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:43 am
My current fave is the Volca Sample. I can't believe I slept on this machine.

I bought it a year ago when Korg dropped OS 1.42 for it. Never bought into the hype at its release in 2014, I just wanted something small to bang out beats using samples.

The VS is all old school sampler charm! Its part SP1200, part MPC3000 and has tricks up the Kalamazoo to compete with full blown samplers of today.

Sample records at 78rpm or higher speeds to take advantage of its 65 second sample limit, just like the SP1200.

Timestretch like Pete Rock's method on the SP1200.

Chop long samples to the pads like the MPC.

The VS really does it all and thats what blew me back. The motion sequencing is bananas too.

The sequencer is pretty good. Though its quantized, I figured methods to get natural feeling riddims.

It so my favorite, its now the main piece in my studio. **** your overpriced toys ****!!! :mrgreen:
By 6/8 Stanley Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:02 am
Running the laptop on dark mode now.

Favorite current gear a toss up. Newest thing is a old Fanta bottle. Not exactly music gear but used a lot around the world especially Africa and Caribbean to accompany acoustic guitars. Mostly played with a knife but I like how it sounds with a dinner fork. Clear ringing sound. Makes a lot of different sounds. Maybe sample it for mpc. $2 plus $13 shipping seemed like a lot but worth it to me. Play it every day since I got it a month ago. Easier than the bongos for working out the beats on stuff I hear.
By Danoc Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:51 pm
lol :lol: I was like fanta bottle. I have bought to get a spray sound l get a really good acud spray from this. I get the pina colada flavor.l drunk some of it sqeeze the bottle then close it and shake it vigorously. I then turn on my Tascam recorder and l turn the cap slow and get a long fizz sound from it . if l want a powerful fizz sound that's short l twist the cap off quickly. I just put that in an RNB track lm doing for a client for the first quarter of 2021 and it sounds so dam dope. I don't let it hit on the one l let it hit with the snare. The client is very happy.

I also did this with a longer soda bottle 32 0z but with a Canada dry the acid intensity is great. I do sound design so l do shape them and and they come dope.

I will try to hit on the fanta bottle and see what l get .great tip :worthy:

Here's a tip . Put a recorder under your feet and rub your feet together and check out the sound you. Your feet may be your best instrument :)

6/8 Stanley wrote:Running the laptop on dark mode now.

Favorite current gear a toss up. Newest thing is a old Fanta bottle. Not exactly music gear but used a lot around the world especially Africa and Caribbean to accompany acoustic guitars. Mostly played with a knife but I like how it sounds with a dinner fork. Clear ringing sound. Makes a lot of different sounds. Maybe sample it for mpc. $2 plus $13 shipping seemed like a lot but worth it to me. Play it every day since I got it a month ago. Easier than the bongos for working out the beats on stuff I hear.
By bees80 Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:21 am
6/8 Stanley wrote:Running the laptop on dark mode now.

Yeah fanta bottle big fav here too, got a blowhole and everything in it.
By Danoc Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:04 pm
bees80 wrote:

What up Bees!
Blowhole? Did you cut the bottom out of the Fanta bottle then blew in it?
By Elpimpo Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:26 am
My favorite piece of gear besides the MPC is the SONOS move!

We have a whole-home Wifi audio system, we have at least one speaker in every bedroom, one in the hall, and a 7.2.1 dolby Atmos seup in the living room , and the Sonos move in the kitchen, all over wifi. the Move is move-able (LOL) this thing sounds GREAT, and because it has a battery, I can take it anywhere. I know that sounds elementary as most bluetooth speakers are portable, but the sound quality on the move is straight up exotic. and you can move it anywhere you want, and it's built-in 6 microphones scan it's own sound in the current environment and adjusts its own sound accordingly, many times per second so it always sounds perfect. Highly recommended
By 6/8 Stanley Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:13 pm
You looking like a lock for the award :worthy: but I'm still undecided. Bees I thought you were just messing but I tried the blowhole and it's a real thing. 10 oz. fanta bottle blows a g#. 12 oz. American beer blows a F#. 500 ml beer from Ukraine blows a D#. Use all three I can blow the guitar riff from "A rose in Spanish Harlem" on them. Yes, I'm OK.

Danoc wrote:
bees80 wrote:

What up Bees!
Blowhole? Did you cut the bottom out of the Fanta bottle then blew in it?
By Danoc Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:08 am
Yo Stanley. Dam g# sharp f# sharp and D# sharp? Yo did you cut a hole in the bottom? Or you just blow in it to get the sound?

I have an iron bar its solid. 10 inchs and l hit on the Fanta bottle :shock: came out dope. I put a filter on it and l put the dound in like time l drop the music and the track goes filterish. I was shocked.

What are you using to record? I have the Tascam DR 05. Killer!

6/8 Stanley wrote:You looking like a lock for the award :worthy: but I'm still undecided. Bees I thought you were just messing but I tried the blowhole and it's a real thing. 10 oz. fanta bottle blows a g#. 12 oz. American beer blows a F#. 500 ml beer from Ukraine blows a D#. Use all three I can blow the guitar riff from "A rose in Spanish Harlem" on them. Yes, I'm OK.
By Danoc Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:52 am
Cockdiesel wrote:why you look like a nation of islam dude and all militant in your new pic danoc? just missing the SK in your left hand....
i think the bow tie and horn rimmed glasses would be a better look.

Lmao. :lol: what up man . lm in the studio aint nothing militant about that especially when we talking bout Fanta bottles being an instrument. :lol: That's the NYC salute.