Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Lampdog Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:21 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:I'm just gonna come out and say it, the Isla Instruments S2400 > Rossum SP-1200.

I said that a long time ago, no one paid attention, and that’s fine, I’ll keep enjoying my S2400.
By Fre$hBreath Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:44 am
Lampdog wrote:
Fre$hBreath wrote:I'm just gonna come out and say it, the Isla Instruments S2400 > Rossum SP-1200.

I said that a long time ago, no one paid attention, and that’s fine, I’ll keep enjoying my S2400.

I get it and I agree with you, some people are purist nutjobs like that Shawn Love clown and some are just mad for the sake of being mad, but Isla did a great job. They gave us that classic sampler vibe but with modern features and it's continuing to get better with every update. I'm really glad my wife changed my mind and I bought one or I would have missed out on all it's dopeness.
By Lampdog Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:25 pm
As close as ISLA kept the “aura” of sp1200, I’d LOVE to see someone do the same thing and come with an “ASR-100” with a touch screen. I’d follow development like a rabid freeway tailgater.

Biggest and first thing, MAKE THE KEYBED FEEL EXACTLY LIKE THE flowers ORIGINAL.
Why, cause every other kybd I’ve touched fails in this regard. ASR keybed is THEE business!
By BeatWilson Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:14 pm
I love my S2400. I actually debate on buying a second one... Sometimes I barely touch my Mpc but other times I use them together.
I still debate on getting the Rossum at time to time knowing they sound more or less the same, but the way the filters are on the S2400, and the resampling.... Its hard to move away from that right now. I got a SP404 on order to pair with the S2400. Should be here at the end of the month. May end up with a Rossum, may just buy another S2400 and some other gear instead...