Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By kneebone77 Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:39 am
^^^
NICE!
:D
By namotu Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:05 am
looks like a simple SP. im not familiar with it though, what about it grabs your attention?
By LvngDead Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:11 am
Brother, what is that white thing on top of the Oberheim, next to the kaossilator.

Congrats on your purchase, also.
Last edited by LvngDead on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
By bedouin Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:31 am
namotu wrote:looks like a simple SP. im not familiar with it though, what about it grabs your attention?

Well, in some ways it's similar to the SP: it's 12-bit and has the same analog filters. The key difference being, it doesn't sample -- at least not until the Drumulator II.

I like the sounds. Just like the DX/DMX. I have the sounds for every classic drum machine on my MPC's CF card but for some reason I just want the real thing sometimes. Something about this machine attracts me to it :) Same with the DX.

LvngDead wrote:what is that white thing on top of the Oberheim, next to the kaossilator

Casio VL-1. The cheese machine.

The Drumulator II, I believe, became the Sp-12.

The Drumulator II could actually sample; probably sounds a lot like an SP. This is the first Drumulator.
By bedouin Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:47 am
fobedafied wrote:how much did you pay for that thing?

$200 and I have a MIDI sync box on the way.

I believe the SP12 has a different sound set.
By roxstar Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:21 pm
I had one of these a few years ago.. Bought it for $100 with the case and original manual, and sold it for the same price 2 years later.
Your better off downloading a drum kit and saving your money.. the drum sounds are mad corn.
By rokuez Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:00 am
bedouin wrote:
Well, in some ways it's similar to the SP: it's 12-bit and has the same analog filters.

Actually it’s 8-bit , but you're right it does have the same ssm analog fitlers as the sp

http://emulatorarchive.com/Archives/Dru ... rview.html

That means 8-bit samples and very short sample times, for the 12 drum sounds.

I just got a drumulator myself and started the drumulator forum on the E-mu Emulator Forum I have up and running over at http://www.eiiiforum.com . So far it’s the only forum for the drumulator

Also check out these mods for the drumulator by DJdab

http://www.djdab.com/dabframes/MOD.htm

Midi Mod and a mod so that you can have access to up to four sound banks, also a mod to make it easy to pop out eprom chips (samples on these). I plan on doing this and putting in DMX, drum trax, lm1. You can buy an eprom burner off ebay for like $75 burn any samples you want have a real drum machine with a awesome seq, save seq, SOUNDS GREAT btw seq has great swing like sp. Very loose timing

Bedouin you might want to consider going through your blue buttons popping them off , replacing the aluminum domes and cleaning the contact. If you want to see a guide to the the emulator forum then the eii technical sub forum and look for a post started by me about making the eii new. I have a guide how to clean the eii buttons which are the same as the drumulator ones.

I still need to fix my black pads. They work but they don’t bounce back as quick as they should they don’t always trigger as well, basically need a cleaning. I also have a non-volatile memory issue, it says bAD when I turn it on. I have to reset the memory it says POOF, then works. I have to replace a cap, if it doesn’t work then diode. Recap, then mods. Bedouin you got a great piece of gear, do the mods, recap it, put in a new battery (it’s cheap why not) etc get an eprom burner then you can swap in any sample and have 8-bit sound with ssm analog filters!!

oh yea maybe resize ure image, irfanviewer.com free image re-sizer for mac or pc
By bedouin Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:44 am
rokuez wrote:That means 8-bit samples and very short sample times, for the 12 drum sounds.

I always wondered what the precise bit rate on my Casio RZ-1 was. I'm assuming 8, but who knows -- it was the late 80s, it might have been 12 or 16 bit with a horrible sampling rate.

I just got a drumulator myself and started the drumulator forum on the E-mu Emulator Forum I have up and running over at http://www.eiiiforum.com . So far it’s the only forum for the drumulator

Awesome. I'll be there.

Midi Mod and a mod so that you can have access to up to four sound banks, also a mod to make it easy to pop out eprom chips (samples on these). I plan on doing this and putting in DMX, drum trax, lm1.

Does it use the same EPROMs as the DX/DMX? If so I could probably start swapping them around.

btw seq has great swing like sp. Very loose timing

Yeah, I was playing with that today. Major fun.

Bedouin you might want to consider going through your blue buttons popping them off

That's eventually going to have to happen. I have to give certain buttons a hard stab. The drum pads are all good though,

I also have a non-volatile memory issue, it says bAD when I turn it on. I have to reset the memory it says POOF, then works.

Mine did that when I first got it. I reset it and it has been fine. I've unplugged it for a few minutes and it's still been good.

I have to replace a cap, if it doesn’t work then diode.

Those all look good. Didn't see any bulges. I had to open it up because it was buzzing/humming horribly. It turns out two transistors' (I think that's what they were, there were four of them in a line; they looked a bit spider like) connections were touching; fixed that and it sounds pristine and clean.

Bedouin you got a great piece of gear, do the mods, recap it, put in a new battery (it’s cheap why not) etc get an eprom burner then you can swap in any sample and have 8-bit sound with ssm analog filters!!

Yeah I'm definitely loving it. Hoping to sit down with it and have some real quality time though. Waiting for my MIDI sync box to come any day now so I can use it in conjunction with all my other gear. I need to splurge on the MIDI update for my DX still.

oh yea maybe resize ure image, irfanviewer.com free image re-sizer for mac or pc

Done. Was too lazy to do it the first time.