Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:12 am
I remember reading a ways back that the red ones of these has the same effects engine as the dp4. Anyone know if there is truth to this and if it has balanced ins and out?

Also does anyone know what features are different between this and the asr-10? I know it has to do with parameters, but can those be accessed by say a midi controller?
By willievee Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:27 pm
Just picked up one myself. Turbo (not pro) version. I'm planning to sequence using an E-mu Command Station (which also sequences an S6000). I'm thinking that the X will be good for sampling and manipulating samples, which I can then push to the S6000 for sequencing.
By Lampdog Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:13 pm
I ONLY hated 2 things about my red asr x pro. The two tweak knobs are like an etch a sketch and I hated navigating like that. Pads are hard as hell. Other than that I miss it like crazy. It sounded JUST like my ASR10.

By willievee Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:14 pm
Haha. I'm don't love the two knob set up either, but it's tolerable to me. The pads are weird in that they are basically funny shaped buttons instead of pads. I think using the Command Station to sequence will make the ASR pads irrelevant.
By emperor bohe Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:27 am
is anyone using the beta OS on the ASR-X pro? if so, have you noticed any additional wonkiness or glitches?

I'm kind of tempted to try it for the Xplode feature, but dunno if it's worth the risk for even less stability lol.
By Fre$hBreath Fri May 06, 2022 2:54 am
ASR X Turbo & ASRX X Pro Turbo owner here, I also own the ASR-10 and Mirage. I love Ensoniq, the way their instruments sound is like no other. I'm currently doing a project where it's just my S2400 and the ASR-10 but I'm most likely going to add my ASR X Pro because I love the onboard synthesizer. Not enough credit goes to what Ensoniq did for music, so it's nice to see posts like this...