Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Lord Toranaga Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:44 pm
I just scored a loaded asr-x pro for less than $200

this is one of my favorite beat machines of all time,

I know peeps have beef with the knobs, but they are easy to fix.
I know peeps have beef with the sequencer, but I use Ableton Live to sequence.

this thing sounds nice and it reads wav/aif from my computer.

Who still has one of these?
By jaem Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:25 pm
i just sent mine to my guy who recently got his entire studio robbed
By i3obby lFingers Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:37 pm
i used to own the the black one in "98" not the pro. i sold it to my boy and he still got it . things beat up though,spent allot of long nights on that thing. i kind of miss it now that you brought it up lol!!
By LvngDead Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:41 pm
i got the pro version. the joint is lovely.
By g4s Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:39 am
Got the original black one when it first came out. Sold it to finance the purchase of other kit but have always missed it - and Ensoniq.

G4s
By d_loc Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:01 pm
the asr-x was the first actual production gear i used.....be4 that it was tape decks, 1 turntable, and a casio keyboard....

i rediscovered it last year and it is a great machine in the studio.

i sold my black one b/c there was no scsi.....but always have my eyes open for one with scsi to fill it's place.....

Makes hard drums.
By Grouphome Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:04 pm
Had 1 for a couple of months, only used it 5 times (I also have an ASR10rack so didn't find any use for it at the time). Sold it.
Couple years later working on a project in my mans studio he brings out his asrx.
So I finnaly start working on that machine.
Must say that I'm tempted to get one. Just for the fun of it.
By eoneel Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:25 pm
I have an asrxpro maxed out with mem and an urban dance board. It was my very first piece of gear. I still remember going up in the store playing with it almost everyday untill I had the money to buy one brand new. Me and my friend both bought new ones as a matter of fact. All we had was asrxpro's hooked up to a mackie mixer with some old ass stereo speakers. Powered the whole studio up in seconds, now I have too much shit to turn on, lol.
Last edited by eoneel on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.