Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By jonestown massacre Fri May 20, 2011 3:43 pm
^^^its now called scsicardreaders.com
By mindcontrol Sat May 28, 2011 4:00 am
I just got my hands on a mint one of these babies a few days ago, and im loving it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Its the black one, with 34mb of ram and scsi

It didnt take me long at all to get used to, and the sequencer is working flawlessly

Does anyone else have one and what are you personal thoughts on the machine,

and how do you use it.

And is anyone using it with an external zip drive??

Let me know :!:
By Cicatrix Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:41 pm
I just repurchased an asr x pro after selling my original. Really good condition. The only thing wrong is that the leds don't light up. Are there any electronics experts in here that know what type of led I need to replace the peak, signal and MIDI led lights of the asr x pro? I'm going to pimp this machine out. I want purple leds if I can find them.

Thanks.
By Cicatrix Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:50 am
Hey, to all who have taken off the lower front panel off where the pads are, is there any tricky parts I need to know before I attempt to open it up?
By Tapuno Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:36 am
Cicatrix wrote:Hey, to all who have taken off the lower front panel off where the pads are, is there any tricky parts I need to know before I attempt to open it up?

Springs under the pads. Dont know how or why they did this, but they will fly out and knock you in the face. Be careful holmes
By Cicatrix Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:33 pm
Oh man, this sounds like it might suck. After taking the lower panel off where the pads are how are you supposed to line all the springs back up when you put the lower panel back on?
By Mr.Chris Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:49 am
as you may or may not know from my past posts but i copped mine for 152.00 with the shipping and tax and im quite happy with it!! infact i just dusted it off today :D
By Tapuno Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:42 am
Cicatrix wrote:Oh man, this sounds like it might suck. After taking the lower panel off where the pads are how are you supposed to line all the springs back up when you put the lower panel back on?

My understanding is that everything is guided. Look where they are and just make sure you have everything lined up.
By ascensionmusic Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:32 pm
Finally had a chance to cop a ASR-X Pro...i had to question if it was a smart purchase (already owning a fully expanded ASR-10 rack) But this is a great box to get some ideas started quickly on. The sampling/chopping is so damn easy and it sounds so warm. I also like some of the internal sounds too.

Mine came with some scratches..no dents just light scratches. So i went to a hobby store and got some red enamel (that they use on model cars) that is spot on and applied it with a micro sponge brush. Now it looks like the most perfect mint ASR-X pro you've ever seen.

Pic is below

http://instagram.com/p/iQ1KtzwnfL
By Digger65 Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:41 am
yup just copped one cheap, got lucky with good buttons pads and encoders all working fine, SCSI on board..
just scratching the surface and on the hunt for the illusive reference manual
seems very intuitive so far and inspiring sound, had to let the live go as i couldn't get on with the sound, i like to pitch down on samples a lot and the live just sounded uninspiring in this regard
love the re sampling being so easy, tapping beats in live and making loops is so much more rewarding than shift timing/quantize/swing approach
planning to sequence it from Ableton once i get into it more
then build, track out, repeat, probably won't even get into saving much via floppy, maybe some effect settings
once you accept the on board sequencer is there for sketches only i think, for the money it cannot be beaten currently in terms of sound, effects & workflow
also loving the stealth black..
By Fre$hBreath Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 pm
*Raises hand*

Turbo...