Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By m00k13 Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:23 pm
Just sold my maxed out red with urban card about two months ago... divorce will make you broke!
By funcfresh Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:41 pm
I have a max'd out pro with the extra outputs. Haven't used it in years. Might fire it up today.
By jaem Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:54 pm
Lord Toranaga wrote:for as much venom as you spit, you have a kind heart.

were your knobs in good shape?
I hope your friend is more careful who he decides to let in house next time.

the knobs were decent. Not sure it was a matter of someone who was in his crib. From the looks of it, it sounded like it was just a random B&E. They left all the records and his PC.

I talk alot but I'm also a person of my word and look out for anyone who does the same for me.
Anyone on here who has met me personally or done business with me will tell you the same thing.
By mp3 Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:38 pm
Currently on my 4th one, sold the first one (black) in 01 because of the knobs, learned about the knob fix in 05 and bought another black one, sold that to get a maxxed out red one in 06. Sold the red one to come up with some dough to buy a house in 07. Traded my EMU MP-7 to get another black one last year.
By jaem Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:25 pm
mp3 wrote:Sold the red one to come up with some dough to buy a house in 07.

must have been a quite a small house :lol:
By roxstar Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:22 pm
The ASR-X (black one) was also my first piece of production gear. It was way to over the top for me, but I always liked the effects. Since then, I moved onto the SP-303 was was just as useful (as far as effects go) but so much easier to use, and then I sold that for the Korg Kaoss pad because I can real-time modulate and get super crazy.
By alcoloic Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:04 pm
i have the asr-x pro with full ram, zip drive and urban expansion .
it was gathering dust for more than a year untill i saw this thread and decided to make a beat with it .
By LvngDead Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:17 pm
I bought a 2 gig jaz drive to use with the asrx and that thing is not working at all. I've had about 5 corrupt discs so far and i just gave up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0386883562

^^^^^^^^^
I'm gonna try this and see if it can transfer data easily between the asr x, the mv 8000, and the su 700. If it does, then i'm a happy happy man.

edit: tried a 128 meg smartmedia card in the asr x with the floppy adapter. it can't read it and it doesn't wanna format it. will keep trying.
By glide Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:27 pm
yhea got one!! was my first hardwhere... loved to hate it hated to love it ... bought one back with 8out last year ... mainly used to resample .. and dump loops / sound to and from other samplers/sources ... one of the best sounding 16bits samplers out there imo ... fx are on par with pro fx units ... great for what it is,, emu /ensoniq should have came out with an asr mk3 / sp1200 .. but bought by creative (creative realy wtf..
By master-ceo Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:31 pm
ASR-X PRO TURBO MAX RAM with Built In Zip Drive and 8 outs Fool in the House

Last edited by master-ceo on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.