Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By ONE Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:14 am
Despite everything that Roxstar mentioned, I did prefer the Emax sound to the 1200. I really liked how it made the bass sound.
By ONE Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:23 am
You definitely made that point.

However, I think if I wanted to go that route, your work there would steer me to get an EMAX.
By roxstar Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:43 am
I remember the Emax being a more adaptable sampler over the SP-12. I would put samples into it, and they would come back smackin' hard! When I thought the drums in the MPC sounded good, the Emax always gave me back a harder result. It has to be the most slept on sampler in Hip-Hop history! :)
By kebzer Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:17 pm
Man, I watched the video and I swear to god the EMAX sounded like a mod'd 60 with the SSM filters on it. Damn! :shock:
By Lotuz Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:53 pm
roxstar wrote:It has to be the most slept on sampler in Hip-Hop history! :)

Not for long I'm afraid. Once that hype gets goin'... :mrgreen:
By kebzer Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:16 am
The good thing about these samplers is that they are a lot more difficult than the average MPC, so people buy them, get frustrated really fast and let them go soon after that.
By rokuez Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:37 am
kebzer wrote:Man, I watched the video and I swear to god the EMAX sounded like a mod'd 60 with the SSM filters on it. Damn! :shock:

a 60 that is modded to have ssm filters? do you have a link?

or what kind of "mod'd 60" are you talking about? output boost from forat, or something?
By kebzer Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:13 am
rokuez wrote:
a 60 that is modded to have ssm filters? do you have a link?

or what kind of "mod'd 60" are you talking about? output boost from forat, or something?

Nah, no mods man, I was just trying to describe the color of the EMAX and the way it sounded to me. 8) I wish I could get an SSM inside the 60 to rock with! :shock:
By kebzer Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:46 am
peterpiper wrote:Well although there is no way to put a SSM directly in a 60 you could build a filterbox (or 8 of them :)) and connect it/them to the outputs of your 60.

http://modular.fonik.de/pdf/ssm2044small.pdf

http://www.modular.fonik.de/Page27.html

peace

Yeah, I've seen around the DIY dark side filter box, another project with the SSM behind. Thing is however that I am not sure that it is actually the SSM's that make the SP/EMAX sound so warm and thick. Probably its the sampler circuity itself and not any kind of filters.