Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By NearTao Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:32 pm
roxstar wrote:Dope review Tao! I thought the MicroSampler was a dope piece of gear until I checked it out.. I didn't really see much of a difference over it vs a midi keyboard with any MPC. Sure, the MicroSampler has some nice tricks that MPC's can't do, but they simply weren't enough that would make me spend $500 on it.

The deal killer for me was the sequencer. I'm willing to put up with some monkey business on the 500, but only because it has such a good sequencer. Near the end of using the MicroSampler I was most happy with how well it functions as a sampler for just getting stuff in... the two knobs to control all parameters is rather annoying... but on the other hand the 500 isn't really that much better in this regard.

Anyway... I hope I don't end up turning anybody off from buying the board if it matches their workflow and what they want out of a portable device. Too bad the 500 and MicroSampler can't have babies... a man can dream though right? :)

A Korg MPC... sampling, sequencing, effects... all top notch, it'd be brilliant. Instead we'd probably get the worst of each of them though...
By séance Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:50 pm
NearTao wrote:A Korg MPC... sampling, sequencing, effects... all top notch, it'd be brilliant. Instead we'd probably get the worst of each of them though...

I've also wondered why Korg has not made a sequencer.
By Clint Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:45 pm
Bumped for those that were asking about this piece...
By Joidibeats Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:25 pm
Whats your opinion on this product? It had quite a big buzz even here when it was first announced and I would like to know what you guys think of it now after youve got your hands on it. Was thinking of buying one..

Whats the pros and cons?
By acronym Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:37 pm
quick question, how is trimming samples like. Similar to ensoniq?