Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Upright Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:55 am
v00d00ppl wrote:
Upright wrote:When exactly does this drop?

Around november or ealry 2010....i know it will be shown at this year's AES in NY. Last year korg was able to showcase products at the SF AES and have it ship two weeks later. Hopefully they do the same with this...i want to rig this badboy up to my mpd24 and its a wrap.

Ok cool,..and I totally agree,..this and a pad controller and you're set.
By v00d00ppl Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:02 am
Upright wrote:

Ok cool,..and I totally agree,..this and a pad controller and you're set.

hopefully it covers 44.1khz as part of the sample line....that way it will be easier to import my mpc chops...but i reckon i will be using it like a vintage sampler at the same time at lower resolutions.
By kneebone77 Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:46 am
jpeg wrote:it is kinda retro but in a dope way, do u know what would of been crazy if it had the microkorg synth engine in there as well
along with the sampling that woulda been game over

+1, This is not too far fetched remember the DSS-1? ???
At any rate I could see this being a nice companion to any MPC.
By vibewithTy Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:48 am
i wish this had pads built in...i got enough keys in my setup. I guess ill wait till NI gets the maschine on point.
By b.read Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:16 am
Too early to tell street price, I suppose...eh?
By jbl Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:36 am
here in Japan it will sell for about $500 and it's gonna be released next saturday. The price should be about the same in the states but you'll be seeing in January. at least that's what i've gathered so far.
By Dj Pound Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:06 pm
still no mention of envelopes or what kind of filters its going to have. Also no mention of what kind of card format they're going to use to save samples too, if you're not going to be using the included software.
By peterpiper Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:17 pm
Looks dope IMO but damn these dents for the buttons will collect dust as hell and nearly impossible to clean. It will become a real dirty machine ;)

peace
By Upright Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:55 pm
Wait a second,...I just thought about something and someone mentioned it earlier but this sampler has a huge possibility of stealing alot of "Beat Thang" potential buyers right? I mean especially when you compare the price points of both machines.
By crossings Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:03 pm
i like it. i don't really have a need for it, but it seems kinda like a mini ASR-10 in it's own way. i really like that it comes with a software editor and would consider picking one up if priced right.
By Jamon Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:15 pm
Also, MPC500 and SP-404SX. Need more info, but if they designed it right, it might be better to get this and a small MIDI pad control rather than a Beat Thang, MPC500, or SP-404SX. Depends what you're using it for.

Supposedly it ships November, Beat Thang and SP-404SX October. You'll be able to buy both a SP-404SX and microSAMPLER for around the same price as a Beat Thang.