Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By watupange Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:34 am

my cousins bday is comin up and were mad close and hes the same age as me, so i wanna get him a sampler cause hes into music.. so i noticed that the asr x/pro is cheap(cause im cheap :lol: ) and people who own it, like it.. so i wanted to ask what u guys think.. i heard the sequencer is wack but the new os fixes it.. lemme know what u think
By boxcutter butta Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:01 am
if you are go for the pro scsi built in
its a good sampler seeing how its an all in the box type thing 66mb ram filters and resampling
not a bad choice at all

and they are going for dirty cheap on the bay now and days
By boxcutter butta Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:14 am
itll go up prolly sell for around 100 and it doesnt have the expanded outs which is a shame looks like hell be doing lots of passes on tracking

but id pick it up for his first sampler for sure
By watupange Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:22 am
he doesnt really need expanded outs now.. he just needs the phones, and the audio input to sample.. and i dont think its gonna go to 100, maybe around 80.. starting bid was .99 and it was 5 days ago.. so its not bad
By master-ceo Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:54 am
You'll have to pry mines from my cold dead hands before I ever let it go.

Go RED!
By dryad-66 Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:27 pm
thats the most dodgy advert ive seen.no description of the actual product!!!!!thses units can be very sensitive(are).powerful box.biggest problem is the sequencer jumping around when editing.sounds v good.
By Lampdog Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:31 pm
dryad-66 wrote:biggest problem is the sequencer jumping around when editing.
By watupange Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:41 pm
"100% feedback".. And it went to 100 anyways so its too expensive for my cheap ass :lol:
By SV1200 Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 pm
That sh!t amazes me how cheap these go for now. People on ebay buy Ensoniq DP effects units for like $200-$500 buck, when for $80 they can pick up a ASRX that samples and an be an all in one box if you are nice on the sequencer. Just switch out the encoders and your good to go.
By master-ceo Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:41 am
watupange wrote:"100% feedback".. And it went to 100 anyways so its too expensive for my cheap ass :lol:

His auction description was vague and those weren't the actual pics.

I got robbed by people with %100 pos feedback before. You didn't miss out on anything.

master-ceo wrote:
I smell a online robbery.