Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By JamesJeffery Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:46 pm
Shostakovich wrote:Why send all the way to Forat?

Do you know you need to alert HMRC that you intend to ship the unit out for service and that it shouldn't be slapped with import duty upon return? Forat's fee will, however, incur value added tax.

So all in all, you are looking at Forat's fee + V.A.T + shipping back and forth.

Why not use someone in the UK?

I had my SP serviced with loving care from the Hammond Hire Company. They're based in Coventry and do regular pickups in London off the Essex road. Took 5 days for a very faulty SP.

Good luck though. I would take up Deta!L's offer if you can get your money back.

Big thanks! I didn't even know there was a place in the UK that serviced the MPC's. I called them up the moment you mentioned the company. I live in Birmingham so it's a couple miles away from me.

I can take it in today :D The dude was super helpful.

I owe you for that. Saved me money and the expense of sending it to the USA.
By IMNICE Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:45 pm
That's messed up,that's y I don't buy used gear anymore, I can't deal with other ppls problems. The Sp was fun while it lasted,but I can't ever see using one again for nothing.
By 64hz Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:25 pm
2KXL4life wrote:That old **** sp was bound to have issues ...don't buy old **** plane and simple.

I bought an mpc60mk1 a few years ago, never had one single problem except with the floppydrive wich was easy enough to fix.

No offence to OP but that he bought an faulty SP is all to blame to him self.
By crossings Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:39 am
64hz wrote:
2KXL4life wrote:That old **** sp was bound to have issues ...don't buy old **** plane and simple.

I bought an mpc60mk1 a few years ago, never had one single problem except with the floppydrive wich was easy enough to fix.

No offence to OP but that he bought an faulty SP is all to blame to him self.

ironically, old gear was actually built much better than hardware these days... so i'd have to disagree with "not buying old shit"... but yes, this is all on the OP for not testing the item out before dropping that much money [i mean seriously, dude... wtf are you thinkin?]... and now he doesn't even have the balls to confront the guy that ripped him off?? and is looking to SPEND MORE after getting ripped-off!!?? grow some balls already, man... i don't know what else to say... but it's when you do stuff like this that makes me believe that you do come from a rich family and have been spoiled all your life... but you've already denied that... now act like it.
By mr_debauch Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:20 am
2KXL4life wrote:I wouldn't even ask

very true, you wouldn't need to ask in my opinion... just take it to him... that is a **** load of cash and you could wind up with a much better unit in the end.
By Deta!L Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:26 am
Too late to do anything, I would have called them ASAP and then taken it back or gotten it fixed and brought the bill to him

I sell shit all the time on Craigslist and wherever and if you buy something from me in person and leave with the item you're SOL. I accurately describe the shit I sell though so I don't have many problems...except this one french canadian that bought an mpc 4k from me (never again will I sell to a frenchie)
By 2KXL4life Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm
But if it was sold at his house there's no SOL its pay me or you and your family are SOL ..if dude didn't wanna give me my $1300 back he wish he had every house and car window would be smashed in and I would drive back in two weeks once there repaired to do it again
Or just take a group of friends with you and whip his ass and take your money or his gear
By djdynasty Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:28 pm
You can't play me and I know where you live. I would go back and demand my money, and if the clown refuses. I would take out his front window or some shit. **** that you got robbed for a grip of cash. With his new found wealth he can repair what you destroy!!!LOL