Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By SV1200 Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:33 pm
Yea with the encoders, desoldering the knobs is much worse then the actual soldering of new ones.

ASRX's are great thou. You can steal the black ones for like $100 no adays. The efx alone are worth $100. Great underrated piece.
By Ill-Green Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:40 pm
Hey, you needed the money. You did what you did. It could've been worse, like giving blow jobs to the Jonas Brothers for $20 a pop.

My first gear I can never sell, too many memories and lessons learnt to just give it away. Once a piece becomes second nature, thats your musical soulmate for life.

Get her back!
By Cicatrix Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:17 am
:lol: :lol: Man, you're killing me with the jonas brothers stuff. Good comedy up in this ****. lol.

Ya know, I think your spot on with the first gear purchase thing though. I needed that.
By Cicatrix Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:31 pm
Just an update. I was lucky enough to snag another asr x pro this week. I feel so damn lucky because it is in excellent shape. Firm nipple knobs and all! This thing looks damn near like a brand new unit, no bs. Still going to make it colder with mods though.
By Lampdog Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:17 am
I'm jealous but I know I'm better off without giving in to gear lust.
By Askia Shaheed Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:33 am
Several local dealers out my way have the red ASR-Z in stock....not cheap though. Prices start at $400. ASR-10 is $1000. These items were really cheap just a few years ago.
By Cicatrix Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:43 am
Interesting you mention that Askia Shaheed, because I have been looking for a minute, and I have watched these units go up in price as well.
By mr_debauch Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:46 am
i think youtube is contributing to that... because people actually have videos on the machine these days...

non pro ones were going for like 175-200 bucks like last year.. pros were like 300-350. That is sort of still the case, but now it is more mixed in with 400-450 dollar listings as well.
By mp3 Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:43 pm
They go up and down. But mostly down lol... If the price is too high, just wait six months... The last price bump before this one was about 2-3 years ago when somebody put out a circuit bent ASR-X video.
By Cicatrix Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:34 am
Yup. I've never had any real issues with the sequencer. I am pretty much able to get what I want out of it. Mpc's seq is better no doubt but if the asrx was my only kit I wouldn't complain.
By Mr.Chris Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:00 pm
Peace all and Happy Holidays I copped my ASR X Pro off ebay for the price of wait a minute its coming.... 152.00 and that was with the tax lol some other dude was bidding but i caught him napping!!! got an email the next day he wanted to know if i would sell it hahahaha i promptly replied NO!!! :lol: and i have'nt looked back... True i dont use it all the time but i enjoy having it just in case I want to..The only thing I think is that at some point it had the 8 outs and who ever sold it removed it :| but for me that was'nt an issue because i just run it through my MPC and on the real I've always wanted one since the first time i hit the pads at SAM ASH and heard the sound.. which at that time the MPC did not have....what sold me on the 2k was that my boy had one and i bugged out when i saw what it could do!! I can remember wanting to sell the car and anything else just to get one!! sort of like the first time i touched an SP it was like Heaven (well im only guessing) besides no equipment is really played out as long as you know how to use it !!...oh yea I know you can get an MPC/ASR X/ MV8000/8800 cheap but you have to remember these machines were the price of a pretty good used car back in the day...
By glide Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:37 am
the X was my first sampler and I mastered it and was very fast on it knew all the shortcuts and the sound is stellar ..those reverbs are ace! and you had 3 buss send option small med large + the insert FX ... resampling was wicked fast !! I sold it to finance a mpc2kxl and regretted it straight away .. but the mpc was just way more pro and was able to do indepth seq editing and was reliable /solid in every way .. I´ve since then bought 2 ASRX one regular and one pro but both where to buggy to use and I sold them off .. wish I would have kept my first one and gotten a rm1x to sequence it.. now I have a 4k and a dp4 I get by with that ... but I always have the urge to buy another one .. the encoders can be replace if they get jummpy ... wish emu/ensoniq creative would re-release this engine with an updated UI
By Lampdog Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:50 am
glide wrote:wish emu/ensoniq creative would re-release this engine with an updated UI

If that happened I'd def be on it this time. Gear lust or not, a re-issue could not be passed up by this guy right here (me).