Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By damien907 Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:32 am
ok cool.

maschine still needs global choke options so it works like banks! i hope they decide to put in something similar by os 2.0

thanks for the info man, i was wondering about that after i took my maschine back to the store so this kinda put it to rest.
By DJ Hellfire Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:04 am
damien907 wrote:ok cool.

maschine still needs global choke options so it works like banks! i hope they decide to put in something similar by os 2.0

thanks for the info man, i was wondering about that after i took my maschine back to the store so this kinda put it to rest.

Yeah, that would be dope!
By JAH Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:28 am
cyrus wrote:thanks for the info guys. I still would like global choke, as I still like the duplicate pad chopping method, but I will give this a shot and see if i likes it :)

You really like the duplicate over the drag-n-drop slices to a group?
By DJ Hellfire Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:04 pm
cyrus wrote:thanks for the info guys. I still would like global choke, as I still like the duplicate pad chopping method, but I will give this a shot and see if i likes it :)

I tried that at first and hated it. Takes way too long for me. By the time I finished chopping, the beat mood had passed! It's cool for a small number of samples, but I usually chop stuff into more than 40 pieces!
By zeeno0987 Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:29 pm
This is my first post on this forum.I've been watching from the sidelines for years and now decided to speak.I owned the MPC 60 when it came out in the 80's.I did own the maschine and sold it.N.I needs to address that buggy sequencer on the unit.I am not a complainer.I come from the 12sec SP1200 and SP12 times so I am use to limitations but this is ridiculous.I can"t believe no one has noticed it. I used maschine on powerful computers to see if it was a CPU or latency problem but it was neither. I hope they address the sequencer because if the MPC is software now and the sequencer of it is ported to software than N.I will have to step there upgrades up ASAP.
By DJ Hellfire Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:33 pm
zeeno0987 wrote:This is my first post on this forum.I've been watching from the sidelines for years and now decided to speak.I owned the MPC 60 when it came out in the 80's.I did own the maschine and sold it.N.I needs to address that buggy sequencer on the unit.I am not a complainer.I come from the 12sec SP1200 and SP12 times so I am use to limitations but this is ridiculous.I can"t believe no one has noticed it. I used maschine on powerful computers to see if it was a CPU or latency problem but it was neither. I hope they address the sequencer because if the MPC is software now and the sequencer of it is ported to software than N.I will have to step there upgrades up ASAP.

What bugs are you referring to in the sequencer? I haven't noticed any!
By JAH Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:15 pm
I don't like Maschine's sequencer but haven't encountered any bugs.

But I have encountered bugs with its graphic waveform editor. It seems random...but when it happens, the sample will constantly move side to side. I named it the "Dancing Maschine" bug...dancin..dancin..dancinnnnnnn...she's a dancing maschine...ahhh baby...move it babe. :lol:

Nobody acknowledges this issue at the NI Forum.
By DJ Hellfire Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:24 pm
JAH wrote:I don't like Maschine's sequencer but haven't encountered any bugs.

But I have encountered bugs with its graphic waveform editor. It seems random...but when it happens, the sample will constantly move side to side. I named it the "Dancing Maschine" bug...dancin..dancin..dancinnnnnnn...she's a dancing maschine...ahhh baby...move it babe. :lol:

Nobody acknowledges this issue at the NI Forum.

Haven't had that one. One bug I have came across the other day was when trying to duplicate a scene by holding control and dragging the desired scene, it would just move the scene I was trying to dupe instead of making a copy.
By JAH Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:28 pm
If I get some time today, I will upload it to You Tube and post the link. It is really annoying.
By cyrus Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:35 am
i get dancing knobs......lol. I thought at first maybe i was recording knob movements in the sequencer, so I opened a new project and tried to recreate the issue. Occasionally I'll get some knobs that move a little while the beat is playing and I have a ton of samples loaded up. They dont seem to effect the sound at all and its kind of random....
By Wise_Dome Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:25 am
i think the proof will be in the support they provide for there product.

From my experience Akai are terrible when it comes to customer service. Without JJ or mpcstuff.com my MPC would be ****.
By JAH Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:56 pm
Ok...so here it is. These are nearly all of the Feature Suggestions NI Forum Maschine user's have requested over the past 3 years:
1. Better hardware controller
2. Side chain
3. Manually insert/delete slice markers
4. Improved sample editor (time stretch, pitch shift, playhead marker)
5. Mouse-less control
6. More envelopes & LFOs
7. Arp/chords
8. Complete MIDI implementation (CC, program/bank changes, independent MIDI outputs)
9. Sample layers per pad (not keygroup layering)
10. Better onboard FXs/Dynamics (add fully parametric 4 band EQ)
11. Record mute/solos
12. Improved Swing (combine quantize/swing and add shift timing)
13. Preview Rex files (playback at project tempo)
14. Bar/Beat/time display
15. Note repeat w/swing
16. Stop long one-shot samples from playing
17. Control DAW transport when used as a VST
18. Multi-core support
19. Snap to Zero crossing in Sample Edit
20. 24 bit recording
21. Save samples with group
22. MP3 file import
23. Increase Quantize strength from 0 to 100; not just 50% and 100%
24. Better zooming from controller
25. Disk broswing and saving from controller
26. Adjust note lengths from controller
27. Multi-pad select for editing
28. Sound Mixer
29. Easy access to VST presets to include 3rd parties
30. Note Repeat latch
31. Global choke
32. Round robin

NI needs to add these to OS2. Because if the MPC Ren is based off of the MPC 5000, it will likely contain the majority (if not all) of these features.
By cyrus Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:28 am
JAH wrote:Ok...so here it is. These are nearly all of the Feature Suggestions NI Forum Maschine user's have requested over the past 3 years:
1. Better hardware controller
2. Side chain
3. Manually insert/delete slice markers
4. Improved sample editor (time stretch, pitch shift, playhead marker)
5. Mouse-less control
6. More envelopes & LFOs
7. Arp/chords
8. Complete MIDI implementation (CC, program/bank changes, independent MIDI outputs)
9. Sample layers per pad (not keygroup layering)
10. Better onboard FXs/Dynamics (add fully parametric 4 band EQ)
11. Record mute/solos
12. Improved Swing (combine quantize/swing and add shift timing)
13. Preview Rex files (playback at project tempo)
14. Bar/Beat/time display
15. Note repeat w/swing
16. Stop long one-shot samples from playing
17. Control DAW transport when used as a VST
18. Multi-core support
19. Snap to Zero crossing in Sample Edit
20. 24 bit recording
21. Save samples with group
22. MP3 file import
23. Increase Quantize strength from 0 to 100; not just 50% and 100%
24. Better zooming from controller
25. Disk broswing and saving from controller
26. Adjust note lengths from controller
27. Multi-pad select for editing
28. Sound Mixer
29. Easy access to VST presets to include 3rd parties
30. Note Repeat latch
31. Global choke
32. Round robin

NI needs to add these to OS2. Because if the MPC Ren is based off of the MPC 5000, it will likely contain the majority (if not all) of these features.

pretty good list. I agree, with the recent videos i've seen from saintjoe, it look slike akai is gonna deliver on the features. My only concern now from akai is:
1.software is stable - bound to be some bugs, but needs to be stable
2.clunky,intrusive workflow kinks : small things left out or not realized that make certain workflow things annoying or a pain in the butt. and they either won't get fixed, or it will take forever for them to be fixed. example: they forgot to add a panic button like maschine did ! lolz!!!! ;)
3.price - lets hope we don't get shank'd
4.update, bug fix, improvement schedule & cost - lets be honest, the users are gonna find some bugs and im sure akai will take care of them asap (if they dont they are nutz but we've seen that in the past, but software like this is differant), not only that we are going to end up wanting some udpates, question is akai's response time and how they handle new feature requests (paid? free? fast? years from now?)
By JAH Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:53 am
Its a good list. But most of those features are already found in one or more MPCs. I own Maschine but it is the item in my studio I use the least. While I like the concept of Maschine, they way features are implemented is not very intuitive for me.

For example....Maschine has VST support. It automaps parameters to its 8 knobs. If you VST has more than this, you have to use a drop down box to navigae to next 8 parameters...then next after after that.

Maschine doesn't have a mixer. Mixers are a common feature that all audio products should and must have. So while you can adjust levels of sounds withing Maschine, you don't get the intuitive workflow as a typical mixer.