Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By crossings Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:38 am
i don't think you can download it... i think you have to replace the OS chips with 1.2 ones [at least that's how it is with the s900]... i think you'll be fine without the upgrade though... is there something you're trying to accomplish but are currently unable to with the OS you're using? ???
By peterpiper Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:47 am
crossings wrote:i don't think you can download it... i think you have to replace the OS chips with 1.2 ones [at least that's how it is with the s900]... i think you'll be fine without the upgrade though... is there something you're trying to accomplish but are currently unable to with the OS you're using? ???

As far as I remember there is a s900 v4 OS that can be loaded from disk and will add a few of the 950 functions to the 900. Its non permanent of course.

But I also never found a 1.2 OS on disk. It doesn't provide much more than the 1.0. tho, its necessary to use the SCSI card AFAIK

peace
By crossings Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:06 am
peterpiper wrote:
crossings wrote:i don't think you can download it... i think you have to replace the OS chips with 1.2 ones [at least that's how it is with the s900]... i think you'll be fine without the upgrade though... is there something you're trying to accomplish but are currently unable to with the OS you're using? ???

As far as I remember there is a s900 v4 OS that can be loaded from disk and will add a few of the 950 functions to the 900. Its non permanent of course.

But I also never found a 1.2 OS on disk. It doesn't provide much more than the 1.0. tho, its necessary to use the SCSI card AFAIK

peace

yes, but the v4 OS will only load on the s900 if you have the OS 1.2 chips installed... if not, there is no other way to upgrade other than to remove the 1.0 chips and replace them with with 1.2 ones... i'm beginning to think the original poster may be a bit confused with the s900... ???