Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Chris_P Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:00 am
terry towelling wrote:maybe time to cut and run -- cheaper and easier to buy another one?
maybe time to cut and run -- cheaper and easier to buy another one?

I live in Sweden so it's quite hard to find. :(
Been thinking of an s3000 though.
By midnightmarauder Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:07 pm
I have the excact same issue as Chris_P with a s900 here. Searched the web and found this thread. Thanks a lot for the info you are posting here! When testing the RAM I get this message "BAD RAM BIT DK12". I don't know, but maybe DK** points to a specific RAM chip. If we can locate the faulty ones on the board, maybe we can fix this. Chris_P, When you had the board out, did you see any numbers/markings on or besides the ram slots?
By Chris_P Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:34 am
midnightmarauder wrote:Chris_P, When you had the board out, did you see any numbers/markings on or besides the ram slots?

Hi, there is numbers besides the ram but they only say "ICxx"(x=number) and it doesn't match up with the message you get.

Forat told me about using a oscilloscope to check pin 13 on each ram while doing the ram test to see which one to replace. Don't know how that works but I might check it out.

Just keep an eye on the GS-thread http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/710814-akai-s900-help.html, I think we'll solve this soon.
By midnightmarauder Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:01 pm
Chris_P wrote:
midnightmarauder wrote:Chris_P, When you had the board out, did you see any numbers/markings on or besides the ram slots?

Hi, there is numbers besides the ram but they only say "ICxx"(x=number) and it doesn't match up with the message you get.

Forat told me about using a oscilloscope to check pin 13 on each ram while doing the ram test to see which one to replace. Don't know how that works but I might check it out.

Just keep an eye on the GS-thread http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/710814-akai-s900-help.html, I think we'll solve this soon.

Yeah I found the GS thread after I was here, posted there as well. I have a scope here, maybe I'll give it a try, or maybe I'll wait for the tech's advise first. I'm not at all used to troubleshooting digital circuitry.. Thanks for your reply Chris!