Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By szr Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:46 pm
Found a distributer that has brand new teac drives ... I can mod them to work in the 950.. only looked into it as I was looking for another black bezel replacement for myself.. .. anyway, if there's any interest.. maybe I'll order up a batch.. would be MUCH cheaper than what you get from VST ;)
By szr Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:34 pm
I never said anything about having found an 'online' distributer.

You saying i'm cashing in, is like saying envision are sell outs for offering to buy existing LCDs for the MP2K.. and add their protocol firmware.. Then sell them to mpc users.

Also, these teacs need modifying to work with the 950, and I'm not talking about jumper settings..
I was going to see if I could price them at <30$ a piece (slightly less than others charge, no?) , but clearly it's not worth my while ordering a batch, not enough interest.
I thought for the emax alone there would be interest in brand new drives, as most of the originals are long dead, and many machines without SCSI.. But hey
By crossings Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:26 am
szr wrote:I never said anything about having found an 'online' distributer.

so i suppose there just happens to be a computer store in your neighborhood that still sells floppy disk drives that are nearly 20 years old? of course it's an online distributor!!... :lol:

do your thing, man... i ain't gonna stop you. but you haven't even been on this forum for a month yet and it just seemed a bit out of place for the kind of community we have here... we like to share knowledge and save each other money. it's just how we do here.
By mr_debauch Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:28 am
^ probably, but (I am not 100% on this so dont quote me on it) I think the drives need some soldering work done to it for it to work on the 950 etc... no?
By crossings Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:33 am
and all the info on what needs to be soldered can be found on this site. that's my point. but hey, at least he's not as bad as mpc-stuff or whoever when it comes to jacking up prices...
By peterpiper Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:07 am
A good s900 drive is the chinon FB354. Its form factor is a bit bigger than most other floppy drives and therefore it will nearly fill the complete drive slot on the s900.
It also can easily set up for the sampler cause it has the required jumpers. My s900 drive died 2 years ago and I replaced it with the fb354.

To the OP. I wonder what "new" drives you are talking about cause as far as I know the later/newer TEAC drives are nearly useless for modding.

BTW IMO it doesnt make much sense to replace a dead floppy drive with a new(and modded) floppy drive since the HxC came out.

peace
By Get27 Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:06 pm
Hello,

HxC Floppy Emulator is the best way to replace a old died floppy drive.

But, if you want to keep the floppy drive, i made webpage with user manual, service manual, floppy pinout to mod pc floppy drives...
I can also provide modded floppy drive at low cost (i ever have a job to earn money).
S900 : http://floppy.shugart.free.fr/page.php? ... /index.htm
S950 : http://floppy.shugart.free.fr/page.php? ... /index.htm

Thanks

Sébastien