Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Mr.Chris Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:23 am
has anybody used the beat thang? seems like a lot of hate but im thinking you cant knock thier hustle... Besides im sure they sold more than a few.. I mean they were in Best Buy for heavens sake :P ...( not thats gonna stop them from going out of business or slimming down) but lets not forget even M audio was in Toys R US :lol: I know the price is a little high but like all hardware it will come down eventually. It's funny looking but has lights like the renn and both Promotional vids were wack!! So whats really the difference they all had to start somewhere...
By mr_debauch Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:54 am
Mr.Chris wrote: you cant knock thier hustle...

if you were here watching since day 1... their hustle was the main thing you could knock.
By Coz Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:48 am
mr_debauch wrote:

if you were here watching since day 1... their hustle was the main thing you could knock.

Yeah, they were a complete joke! :fku:
By inflict3 Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:00 pm
wait for it..... wait for it!!
By Metatron72 Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:17 pm
Coz wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:

Yeah, they were a complete joke! :fku:

Word. Possibly the most knockable hustle ever witnessed.

Definitely a cool idea to round up these other samplers and centralize it.
By zippertafari Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:26 pm
Mr.Chris wrote:but im thinking you cant knock thier hustle...

you're not thinking at all....
By OriginalProducer Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:44 pm
Mr.Chris wrote:has anybody used the beat thang? seems like a lot of hate but im thinking you cant knock thier hustle... Besides im sure they sold more than a few.. I mean they were in Best Buy for heavens sake :P ...( not thats gonna stop them from going out of business or slimming down) but lets not forget even M audio was in Toys R US :lol: I know the price is a little high but like all hardware it will come down eventually. It's funny looking but has lights like the renn and both Promotional vids were wack!! So whats really the difference they all had to start somewhere...

what was mpc without all the great producer making killer beat on it ! if somebody makes a killer beat with beathang every "wannabe" producer gonna have one :fku:
By inflict3 Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:56 am
OriginalProducer wrote:
inflict3 wrote:if peeps start posting on the beat thang ima start posting penis pics....lol... :lol:

something wrong with that :hmmm: :lol:

wait for it....... wait for it.........
By inflict3 Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:07 pm
OriginalProducer wrote:you're an excellent producer but i don't understand what the matter :hmmm:

what are you talking about?? whats the matter with what?? wait for it... wait for it... hahaha.. just having some fun, but yea.. **** the beat kangz and their thang.. they ripped people off from the beginning, held false beat battles where no winners were ever picked so no money was ever won. they lied and **** people over left and right, so i think a dick picture by any beat kangz thread is still stepping nicely.. **** those guys..i wannna make beats, not have a jerk session over some blue lights, slang, and a buggy half assed os.. :nod:
By Ian Canefire Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:10 pm
The beat thang sounds nice and is easy to use. I thought long and hard about it but I decided against it because I prefer to have multiple outputs. I record into a mixing desk that has a digital recorder. I want my sounds spaced out through individual outputs.
So I am on a quest for the sounds that are in the beat thang. You can buy the software and get the sounds and it will be much less than the physical unit with sounds in it.
I got my MPC4000 for $500 and the lowest price I have ever seen a BT sell for is $800. BT has a nice sample length function, that allows it to overlap another sample start and end point. I like that it can be portable no plug necessary. I wouldn't diss the BT, it can make quality music in the right hands for sure.

In short: too few outputs, too high a price

cheers,
ian
By inflict3 Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:23 pm
saint joe has a way to rip all those btv sounds.. just hit him up.. as far as making a beat with that shit, yea, u can, but supporting some **** like that ever again? NO! will not.. i was down from the start. tested and tryed btv, i was one of the first with that software. even was sposto get a beta bt sent to me, like others did, but i turned on aja right when he started to show his true snake colors.. the truth is in the past threads.. im done on this matter, too much time spent already