Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By ArKyve-31 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:11 am
Picked up a s900 this weekend and have a question about the "left" and "right" outputs. I can get the sample to play through each of them individually but why can I not get both outputs to play the sample at the same time? I've gone to edit program mode and changed the output from 00-10 and still only plays out of either one or the other? Is it meant to be like this or whats up? the manual is not very thorough.
By ArKyve-31 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:18 am
Edit,

Found the answer in the s950 manual.

basically for anyone in the future output 1-4 got to the left out and 5-9 go through the right output, they are not true stereo outputs.
By crossings Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:49 am
yeah, i was about to say... it's a mono sampler... but glad you figured it out on your own... :mrgreen:
By ArKyve-31 Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:09 am
well I figured, so is the 60 but it will still send the sample through both the left and right outputs as though it was a stereo sample, or more you just hear it out of the left and right speakers. Either, took about a day but I'm getting the hang of it, love the ability to select the sample rate before you sample
By peterpiper Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:22 pm
the benefit of the L & R outs is that they are polyphone. For example: You can create a keygroup with a single pianosample from C3 to C5 and route this keygroup to L and play a chord with this keygroup while out 5 play the kicks, 6 play the snares, 7 play the hats and 8 play a bassline.

peace