Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By sparq Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:07 pm
my friend's optical drive in his 8000 is dead. what type of optical drive is it? meaning can he pick up one from a computer store and put it in? it looks like a standard drive. (that's without me opening it up)
By mr_debauch Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:52 pm
sparq wrote:my friend's optical drive in his 8000 is dead. what type of optical drive is it? meaning can he pick up one from a computer store and put it in? it looks like a standard drive. (that's without me opening it up)

it's one of the slim drives like old laptops have... it might be a time to upgrade to a dvd reader cd burner... it will probably be cheaper and easier to find too... check MV nation for the model details... it should be easy to find the thread too.
By JUKE 179r Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:55 am
I've got the cd writer from my MV8000 since I replaced it for a DVD drive.
Definitely go the DVD route. You can pick up the DVD drive off of eBay for about $8-$12.
It's a Panasonic UJDA-770, 24X CD burner/DVD reader and was used in many laptops.

By sparq Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:08 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:I've got the cd writer from my MV8000 since I replaced it for a DVD drive.
Definitely go the DVD route. You can pick up the DVD drive off of eBay for about $8-$12.
It's a Panasonic UJDA-770, 24X CD burner/DVD reader and was used in many laptops.

good lookin. this is exactly what he needs. time to hit ebay.