Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By v00d00ppl Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:28 am
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... intro.html

I'm downloading it as we speak and I will test both the CDM (with controller version) and VDM versions to see how all the new features are. Here are the biggest updates:

Oberheim SEM V filter as an added effects system.

16 Tuning Mode for your samples using the step sequencer to tune your drums/sounds.

Choke groups (for all those hats and other mutes).

MIDI Clock Output to sequence your external gear. I will try to test my MPC 60 / 2000XL / and Ensoniq EPS to see how this works out.

Easy MIDI, Automation drag and drop into your DAW. I will see how this works out in Live 8.

The first thing I will b e playing with is that Oberheim Filter. Peace ya'll.
By jonestown massacre Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 pm
Just posted another thread about the spark. Are you using the hardware too, or just running the software with a midi controller? Very curious about this beast.
By v00d00ppl Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:44 pm
Where did you post your thread at?

I have the Version with the midi controller. I like it a lot. I'm used to just building tracks MPC style and it opens up new ideas. For example you can still tap pads like an MPC, but once you watch the sequence play back you will see how your tappin looks like on a 16 step sequencer. It also has drum roll / note repeat used through the XY touchpad.

I just finished testing out the Oberheim Low Pass filters on my drums sampled from vinyl and so far I am impressed. I will try to post some examples soon.

Any other questions on this sleeper let me know.
By damien907 Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:44 pm
wow, this thing looks awesome, never heard of it unitl i clicked your link.

can you use the hardware standalone without the computer?

how much does this cost? i coudlent find it in their store.
By v00d00ppl Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:36 pm
You will need a computer to use it. It is a CPU hog at times, but sound quality is worth it. It costs 550 retail but if you order from guitar center they can take 100 off with their sale going on right now or you can buy used for 300-400.
By damien907 Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 am
oooh ic, damn that sucks, i wish it was standalone, dont think my computer can handle much more stuff until i upgrade some stuff on it.