Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By tapedeck Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:41 pm
Faru12 wrote:Yes that is absolutely true. They are not in the correct order for that. But how the hell I can get them in the correct order?

:hmmm:
Menco wrote:Then make one for the mpc as well. Set the midi notes in chromatic order so the pads will correspond with the notes which will trigger the keygroups. Save this one as your template program.

tapedeck wrote:create an auto-chromatic program from any sample, then go through and remove the sample from each pad.
use that program but also turn on midi.

tapedeck wrote:or you could go through pgm edit and assign each pad to the correct note in the first place.

make the program once and then you are good. you can reload as often as you like.

they dont call it a 'program' for nothing. :mrgreen:
put in your work.
By damien907 Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:16 pm
jibber wrote:Pretty sure the S900 is working the same way.

SP1200 does the same thing...
It also has an option to assign samples/buttons (pads) to an output group...
For example, if you have two samples routed to the output 7 and don't want them to cut each other off, you can assign them to an output group (lets say output 7 and 8 )... now if sample 1 is already playing and you trigger sample 2, it will switch the output for sample 2 from output 7 to output 8... so now both can play at the same time.

thats dope, thanks.
By peterpiper Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:51 pm
jibber wrote:
SP1200 does the same thing...
It also has an option to assign samples/buttons (pads) to an output group...
For example, if you have two samples routed to the output 7 and don't want them to cut each other off, you can assign them to an output group (lets say output 7 and 8 )... now if sample 1 is already playing and you trigger sample 2, it will switch the output for sample 2 from output 7 to output 8... so now both can play at the same time.

Hey I didn't know that.
The 900/950 also have the outputs R and also L which are 4x polyphone and represent either the outs 1-4 (R) or 5-8(L) Thats nice cause you can route your Kick to out, SNR to out 2, HH to out 3, some chops that cut each other to out 4 and use the out L for piano chords or synthpad chords etc.

peace
By damien907 Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:52 am
dope, thats good to know, the 950 is sounding like the machine for me :lol: now to find a nice one on the cheap!
By m56p87 Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:07 pm
damien907 wrote:dope, thats good to know, the 950 is sounding like the machine for me :lol: now to find a nice one on the cheap!

I'll keep an eye out for you as well
By damien907 Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:32 pm
8) cheaa.
By Borat Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:07 pm
I just got an S950 and have a few questions too:
-I'm sequencing it with my mpc. Is it possible to hit the pad just once and the sample keeps playing(so you don't have to hold the pad, like the mono option in the mpc)?
-When i filter a sample i have a strange high noise, aliasing i think, when i set the filter under 40, is it normal?
Thanks!
By m56p87 Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:30 pm
Borat wrote:I just got an S950 and have a few questions too:
-I'm sequencing it with my mpc. Is it possible to hit the pad just once and the sample keeps playing(so you don't have to hold the pad, like the mono option in the mpc)?
-When i filter a sample i have a strange high noise, aliasing i think, when i set the filter under 40, is it normal?
Thanks!

I don't have a 950 in front of me, but Im guessing you just need to manipulate the ADSR envelope. Particularly raising the decay and release, and no sustain. Think of it as a synth not a pad-less MPC.

You might get some noise from the 12bit engine in the machine, but I'm not sure if what your hearing is normal or a problem. Can you post a clip?
By Borat Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:08 pm
About the filter, i can easily remove this noise with a bit of eq, but i'm still wondering if this is normal.
By Harmoncj Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:18 pm
I also have the high frequency noise, but I only hear it if the filter is set any below 24. as far as I can tell its independent of sample bandwidth and sample pitch. possibly an audible control voltage? I half destroyed my hearing years ago so I might not even be hearing other high frequencies
By Borat Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:19 pm
Harmoncj wrote:as far as I can tell its independent of sample bandwidth and sample pitch

Yes, i think too. That's strange and i also have the impression that the sound stays the same when i set the filter under 42 :hmmm:
By Faru12 Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:12 pm
Borat wrote:-When i filter a sample i have a strange high noise, aliasing i think, when i set the filter under 40, is it normal?

Yes I got the same problem. I anyway tend to not filter below 50, so it's not a problem for me. But I have no idea where the noise is coming from....