Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By damien907 Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:19 am
at .26 of this video he starts looping/effecting his sequence, is he just playing a pattern that was pre recorded and manipulating that?
i suppose i could record this onto the mpc by first recording my mpc sequence into the 404, then after its in the 404, practice my technique a bit, then play it into the mpcs record mode and save it as a new sample.

i was also wondering if the sp555 could do the exact thing he was doing in the video as well? i see that there are 2 looper effects in each unit, one called the bpm looper and one called the djefx looper. which one is he using in the video at .26 and onwards?

in the sp555, these these two effects are in different mfx sections, while on the 404 they seem to be located right next to each other (just a knob twist up or down and you can switch seamlessly between these effects) if i wanted to do what hes doing in the 404 in the video on the 555, could i still do this? is he even using both the djfx looper and the bpm looper? or just one of them?

heres the video im talking about, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8nhMRqR5To