Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By NavNek Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:38 pm
I'm formatting a lot of useless floppies. Everytime I format a disk (Disk->Page 09-> Format Floppy) there is 35% 'total' free. What does this mean? Are my floppies not formatting like they should be?
By Clint Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:41 pm
Before I move this thread to the 'Other Samplers and Beat Boxes' forum, how much memory does your 950 have installed?
By Clint Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:31 pm
Disc contents as a percentage of the S-950 total memory.

"If the memory expansion boards are fitted, the percentage display changes as appropriate. for example, a full DD disc on an un-expanded S950 will show 100%. If the full complement of memory expansion boards are fitted so that the internal memory of the S950 is three times as large, the same disk would display 33%.

This is in the manual. In your case the formatted disc is taking up 35% of the S950's total available memory. So are you formatting 720k DD discs?
By Clint Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:35 pm
NavNek wrote:Is that problem: posting the same question on two different boards?

No of course, not.

But if you havent even read the manual it just makes you look lazy to a lot of people.

Let me know if you still don't understand the % figure, Ill try to explain it better.
By NavNek Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:37 pm
I must've over read it.
i formatted 1mb DD disks, those show 35%. Also have a 2HD which shows 70%.

It makes sense now. thank you for your help
By Clint Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:10 am
NavNek wrote:I must've over read it.
i formatted 1mb DD disks, those show 35%. Also have a 2HD which shows 70%.

It makes sense now. thank you for your help

No worries.

Still no answer from the experts over at that other forum, so you know where to post next time...tell them you got served at mpc-forums with the quickness.

I knew the answer right away, hence my first question to you. Always check the manual before you post Q's about what is on the screen...

Peace