Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By master-ceo Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:22 pm
Very cool facts about the SP12 fellas. As for EPROMs, bent legs and such happen when you pull on one side further than te other. That chip puller posted is real handy when the space is tight, but when I have room to work I like to use a flat head screwdriver.
By m56p87 Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:23 pm
mr_debauch wrote:that is quite neat... so is it some sort of .wav file or something that is stored or what? and is there a particular way to have files span across eproms?

also, I have heard of people with sequential circuits drumtraks that contain linn eproms.

8bit WAV files. you cant partition sounds across EPROMs.
By psr Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:30 pm
OK... this has been a twisty journey... I think I'm about to cop a MPC 60. found an amazing deal on one. fingers crossed that the transaction goes well. its 12 bit but higher sample rate than the SP 1200. but i think this will get me to where I'd like to be with that 12 bit punch.
By m56p87 Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:55 pm
psr wrote:OK... this has been a twisty journey... I think I'm about to cop a MPC 60. found an amazing deal on one. fingers crossed that the transaction goes well. its 12 bit but higher sample rate than the SP 1200. but i think this will get me to where I'd like to be with that 12 bit punch.

Yeah mpc60 > sp1200 all day IMHO.
By master-ceo Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:29 pm
Your gonna love that beast! IMO they make you enjoy sampling drums so much that you will sample new ones for every project. The Number Pad and + - keys are your friends with the 60.
By mr_debauch Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:37 pm
psr wrote:yeah just need to replace the backlight... mpcstuff.com here i come $60 for backlight

check ebay too... there is a guy who sells ones that dont need to be soldered to be installed... I know they have ones for the 60ii and 3000... pretty sure they also have ones for the 60mk1 too. They were like 25-30 bucks.
By mr_debauch Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:53 pm
psr wrote:I guess I better stock up on floppy disks. can these take internal zip drives? maybe as a mod?

if you have the scsi expansion you can use zips or CF.. but zip is not suggested. they are not reliable. Also, the 60 can not read folders, and it cant allocate large media the way new mpcs can... so having a bunch of small cf cards is probably the way to go.

however, dont forget about the hxc floppy emulator thing... one sd card can act as hundreds if not thousands of floppy disks. The device is sort of like a digital floppy disk caddy, you choose the disk you want and it gets loaded.. then you load it up in the 60. kind of genius if you ask me. I might have to get one.
By psr Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:19 pm
ahhhh HxC Floppy Emulator ...right that is pretty sweet. im on it

EDIT
just a quick link (for anyone that may need the info later.) to the hxc forum with notes on installation into mpc 60
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=983

confirmed compatibility
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=974