Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By medearis Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:46 am
Woooooord!

Now, this is NOT a "leaving the MPC behind" sorta thread. My 1K will NEVER be fully replaced when it comes down to it. I'm really just looking to have the Maschine Studio as my complete "bed room rig" + a turn table and acoustic instruments.

I'm going to be running it on a 2010 Macbook Pro. Has anyone had any issues with it? Has anyone had a hard time getting themselves OFF of the machine? It looks sexy, and the hardware is exactly what I was hoping for... since I have multiple interfaces (my real addiction).

Holler back, y'all!

Any words of love.... hate... indifference?

Word. (also considering the bigger MKII, not stuck on the Studio thang)

Peace!
By Metatron72 Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:14 am
I would upgrade to Maschine Studio if I could afford it. But I'm actually getting ready to sell a lot of gear as I will moving before too long.

But all your questions about it could be easily answered by asking and reading posts at this Facebook group page. Maschine Movement.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/120381111316835/

Everyone is loving their Studio units and one thing that stood out beyond the really nice design and lovely screens was the much improved pad layering now much more what an MPC user would desire.

I believe your MacBook Pro will be fine. You didn't list specs but my knowing the general specs of the 2010 line lead me to believe you'll be fine. Especially if you've maxed your RAM.

I actually like it has no interface too having an RME myself. $999 is a lot but those screens are really nice and I think will benefit the experience well beyond simple cosmetic considerations. And even some of that stuff is really beneficial. I think it's sick you can user image files for your plugin selection for example. I think little things like that contribute to the box being a more organic experience and keeping you away from the mouse.
By ntalec Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:30 pm
How can someone see this as a realistic question when you are asking it here?
It's a question that should be asked amongst people owning or using it which would be a low percentage on this forum.

Plenty of forums better suited for it if your intent is to get some useable responses.
By Coz Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:09 pm
ntalec wrote:It's a question that should be asked amongst people owning or using it which would be a low percentage on this forum.

Plenty of people use Maschine here. This is also the 'Other Samplers and Beat Boxes' forum, so it's an appropriate place for someone to ask the question.
By mastasteez Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:31 pm
Coz wrote:
ntalec wrote:It's a question that should be asked amongst people owning or using it which would be a low percentage on this forum.

Plenty of people use Maschine here. This is also the 'Other Samplers and Beat Boxes' forum, so it's an appropriate place for someone to ask the question.

And this is a much cooler spot to kick it in the e-world.
By ntalec Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:24 pm
Coz wrote:

I own the POS as well but his question was about Maschine Studio which is in a very low percentage right now.