Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By jimmie Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:55 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:That is still not bad, as long as you can get it repaired for a few hundred dollars (couple of hundred pounds).

Indeed m8. I've checked the voltages which are sound and switched CPU chips which are sound. Hoping that the issue is the RAM-controlling chip. If not I'll try something else.
By soundtech Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:45 pm
jimmie wrote:Yeah I paid £666.66 for a non-working SP1200.
That was my max bid.
It's in super-nice condition inside and out.
I'm on it, trying to get it fixed-up, trying to find a PAL RAM chip ATM.
Been after an sp1200 for many years as I love the sound and grew up on music that was made with it; 1988+ hip hop and raw house music.

If u think £666.66 is a mad price for a broken one, you ought to try finding one in Europe for less than £1300!

Thats what i am saying. I am in the same position as you were before you bought your sp except i'm buying after a shorter wait. and i really hope you will get it working and enjoy it.

Its a big price for a broken unit. I dont quite know sps inside out, but if you know what you're doing and you are confident about the fix which may be a very easy one, then its a steal. Happy it looks good, i think the photos didnt do it justice, thats common with some listings

I am shopping for a good one myself