Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By 45addict Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:09 am
Sup everyone.

Currently using my 1000 with my S950 via midi, just using the 1000 as a sequencer.
Basically I want to get the beats I've put together onto my Mac. I thought a possible way would be to get all my samples off the 950, onto my Mac using USB floppy drive (heard USB drives don't like Akai formatted stuff?!) then onto my 1000's CF card and then just do everything on the 1000. Long winded I know but I can't think of another way?

Pretty new to hardware so any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks.
By mr_debauch Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:26 am
hmm.. I don't know if that would work. I don't think the 1000 will be able to read the snd file format the 950 saves in I don't think. you would probably be better off sampling into the 1000 instead.
By mr_debauch Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:51 am
well how are you listening to the beat in your lab? are you using a mixer or an audio interface with multiple inputs?

because you can use a daw to record it all... it's just a matter of getting all those machine's outputs running into the computer.
By mr_debauch Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:15 am
yeah but how are you hearing the s950 and the 1000 at the same time? are you using a mixer? are you only using one machine at a time? are you using headphones or a mixer?

what you need to do is get an interface to plug those things into it to record into the computer...
By 45addict Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:26 am
Turn table> 950> 1000 via midi> monitors.

Like I said the 1k is just a sequencer, so I'm using that to trigger the 950, the monitors are plugged straight into its outputs.

Interface it is then. Certain type/spec/brand it should look at?

Thanks for your help man.
By mr_debauch Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:47 pm
man, that really depends on your price range... also it depends on how many inputs you need... and other features that would come in handy.

they range from 200 to multiple thousands of bucks... so it's tough to really say. Also you got the used market, or brand new...

I would honestly suggest you getting at least 8 inputs though that way you can record more stuff at once if needed.

check your music store website to see some models and what general price range for the different ones... and also check on craigslist and places like that to see if you can score a higher end one second hand for the price lower end ones go for brand new. Get the best one you can afford right off the bat and you wont have to buy twice. This forum has piles of threads with recommendations too..