Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By deskunzen Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:00 pm
Hi

Hope this is the right place to ask... I currently working on the TAL-Sampler project and it would be nice to have a S1000 mode. The bad thing is that i have sold my S1000 a few years ago...

All i know is that it uses 8 point windowed sinc interpolation. The first problem is that i don't understand exactly what 8 means (zero crossings or number of samples it processes -4 / +4 samples?). Also i do not know the window type and other details.

I made some tests with 8 zero crossings (processing 16 samples) for each sample and the result looks promising. But i'm a bit confused because of the aliasing that occurs when transposing up a sample with a lot overtones and i wonder if the S1000 has this "problem" too?

It would be nice if someone can help and has a few minutes to upload audio with a +-24 notes S1000 / S1100 transposed saw (playing each note around 1 second).This SH101 saw sample would be great for this:

https://tal-software.com/downloads/saw.zip

Even better if there also is some technical information about the algorithm. It's hard to find information about that.

Thanks in advance.
By Horseclick Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:38 pm
deskunzen wrote:Hi

Hope this is the right place to ask... I currently working on the TAL-Sampler project and it would be nice to have a S1000 mode. The bad thing is that i have sold my S1000 a few years ago...

All i know is that it uses 8 point windowed sinc interpolation. The first problem is that i don't understand exactly what 8 means (zero crossings or number of samples it processes -4 / +4 samples?). Also i do not know the window type and other details.

I made some tests with 8 zero crossings (processing 16 samples) for each sample and the result looks promising. But i'm a bit confused because of the aliasing that occurs when transposing up a sample with a lot overtones and i wonder if the S1000 has this "problem" too?

It would be nice if someone can help and has a few minutes to upload audio with a +-24 notes S1000 / S1100 transposed saw (playing each note around 1 second).This SH101 saw sample would be great for this:

https://tal-software.com/downloads/saw.zip

Even better if there also is some technical information about the algorithm. It's hard to find information about that.

Thanks in advance.

hey,

while i have not tried your software, if you ned me to do this with my s1000 i can however canb you pm me regarding how you want me to do this and possibly if you own some form of software that can make the programme so i simply load in my s1000 and record the notes needed, i can do that for you.

or should i simply sample the sound you need and go from there?

hit me with a pm to discuss.