Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Cockdiesel Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:39 am
It’s sequencer is pretty awesome and does both step and note by note programming.

As I use the machine the sampling gets better, it’s just different and way easier to just transfer my wave from the live What it lacks in sampling, it more than makes up for it with everything else.

Not sure how to classify it but certainly not just a plain phrase sampler, like 404. More like a drum machine that can phrase sample if anything.
By Lampdog Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:28 am
Cockdiesel wrote:not just a plain phrase sampler, like 404. More like a drum machine that can phrase sample if anything.

FA-06 turned me off because it's sampling engine was based on 404. No bueno for me, lol.

Drum machine that can phrase sample sounds like a good description. MPC's phrase too.
By Ill-Green Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 pm
Ok, I see the difference between the SP-16 and the new DJS-1000, quite the same but DJS has Live Sampling and Toraiz has the Smith filters. Depends what you need but I thought the new update for the Toraiz was suppose to be chock full of new things. Can anyone lay down the new things? Only thing I heard its now 64 sec sample max.
By Cockdiesel Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:21 pm
Really not a lot. The live sampling was kind of a let down, but the projects are supposed to be 1 to 1 between the two. So I’m assuming at some point live sampling will come. I imagine more effects stuff too. A lot of people were dramatic when the last update dropped, but I think it’s unfounded. It’s a beast machine as it is.
By Ill-Green Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:41 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Really not a lot. The live sampling was kind of a let down, but the projects are supposed to be 1 to 1 between the two. So I’m assuming at some point live sampling will come. I imagine more effects stuff too. A lot of people were dramatic when the last update dropped, but I think it’s unfounded. It’s a beast machine as it is.

Thanks for your insight! :smoker:

I managed to sell the Digitakt and used the funds, plus a 20%off coupon by Musiciansfriend, and copped a DJS1000. Got a 45 day try-trial period, so if I don't like it, I can send it back. But if I love it, I'll sell the Live too. Either way, no money loss. All good with a win-win. :-D
By Cockdiesel Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:09 pm
To be fair they mentioned the update would be up in June which it seems it has. Not sure why they would announce an updated features almost 6monthes before they drop it, however.
By v00d00ppl Tue May 11, 2021 10:29 pm
adamsuk wrote:Will mpc samples work on an sp16?

Most sample libraries can be carried over usb. Be warned that if the 24bit/16bit file name has too many characters or spaces the. you may need to rename it. I had to rename the drum sample names from native instruments decoded forms drum and bass drum hits.