Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Ill-Green Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:16 pm
Lampdog wrote:I c u booyyeeee! Get down with you bad self!

:nod: Thanks Lampdog!!! My first kind of studio video. Its like when I showcase beats, I always get nervous when I make them public :mrgreen: Thanks for the support on the really reals.
By Lampdog Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:22 am
Trying to listen to that muhfucca but he keeps going "UUUMMMMMM" *lipsmack* "UMMMMMMM" *lipsmack*.

And it's **** killin me to the nth degree. I'm stopping the vid. **** that guys speech patterns.
By Ill-Green Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:11 pm
Lampdog wrote:Trying to listen to that muhfucca but he keeps going "UUUMMMMMM" *lipsmack* "UMMMMMMM" *lipsmack*.

And it's **** killin me to the nth degree. I'm stopping the vid. **** that guys speech patterns.

Hahaha :lol: I actually thought he was gonna make a beat with those umms. I was like he getting ready to record that shit.

Cockdiesel wrote:Any news on the Toraiz getting updates?

I'm going by the contacts I had with Pioneer's people and to them they feel they finished their work on the Toraiz. They gonna extend the DJS sample time only so samples can be compatible with Toraiz' 64 sec limit. But no official word yet, however developers are at work for both. We'll have to wait it out a month or two and we might be surprised.
By d2ba Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:35 pm
Hi folks can you tell me if the live looping on DJS-1000 is as accurate as roll sampler on DJM mixers.? What I'm looking for is ability to get a 4 bar beat going on DJS-1000 (say at 80bpm) then spin vinyl into DJS from send out on mixer. I want to capture loops just like roll sampler on the fly and finally keep and save the one that fits best. Is this possible? If so very interested in your techniques. Thanks David.
PS You can do it on Octatrack and it works very well but I suspect on DJS-1000 it will require no setup and deep menu diving as below:

_9.5.3 Abusing a Track for Live Input _
_This sample technique is nasty and not described in the manual as a seperate technique, but it works and is, I.m.h.o. very usable so I present it here. _
_As described earlier, track recorders and tracks are independent. A flex machine running on a track will not bite the track recorder on the same track and vice versa. . . There is, however, a way of setting up a track recorder and a flex machine in such a way that they do bite each other in a useful way. I set it up as follows: _
_Set up a track recorder and let it record the live input. Record length should match the pattern length. _
_Place a full trigger on step 1. By doing so, the recorder keeps on recording, boldly overwriting the last recording every time the pattern reloops. Although the recorder does it’ s job, I cannot hear the live input. _
_Set up a flex machine on the same track. _
_Assign the flex machine to it’ s own record buffer. In other words: if the recorder of track 4 was used, we now put a flex machine on track 4 and assign it to recordbuffer 4. _
_Trigger the flex machine on step 1. Indeed this is the same step on which the recorder was triggered. We have now set up a strange situation: the track recorder is writing to the buffer while the flexmachine is reading from it at the same time. . . So what happens? Well, and this is documented in the manual, in such a situation, you will hear the live inputs. This yields a couple of advantages: _
_Removing the recorder trigger breaks the read/write situation. Result: the flexplayer simply plays the contents of the track recorder. Live input has gone. _
_Whether you hear the live input or the sample, they are both affected by the track effects. _
The track volume can be used to fade in or out the track as usual, whether it plays the buffer or passes the live input. Oh, and did I mention scenes?
By d2ba Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:45 pm
one advantage of roll sampler on DJM mixer is the DJM mixer can detect the BPM of incoming sample and your loop is automatically quantised. the DJS-1000 has no auto detect BPM of incoming samples when in Live sampling mode, as far as i know --either has the Octatrack.
By Ill-Green Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:28 am
Yes, its possible. I do not own any of the gear you mentioned except for the DJS. But this dude here uses it and explains about the in and outputs from a DJM to the DJS and how to set things up.

By Heavie Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:48 am
I was interested in the DJS-1000 from the first time I laid eyes on it. I wanted to use it for deejaying and to come up with new ideas to create and quickly load the ideas into my mpcx or maschine. I pick one up last night at guitar center and I’m looking forward to learning the unit and see how well it will help with ideas.
By Ill-Green Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:04 pm
Heavie wrote:I was interested in the DJS-1000 from the first time I laid eyes on it. I wanted to use it for deejaying and to come up with new ideas to create and quickly load the ideas into my mpcx or maschine. I pick one up last night at guitar center and I’m looking forward to learning the unit and see how well it will help with ideas.

Thats how I planned to use the DJS with my Live. To invent ideas and stuff. After a week it became the alpha-wolf of my set with the Live staring in awe in the corner. :oops:
By Cockdiesel Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm
The toraiz and djs seem to have the creative side like no other, however the live and x have a utility to them unmatched by the pioneers. Arguably they can both do the same functions, but I find the akai a lot better for midi stuff and sequencing in general. Now the pioneer... you just turn it on, and start knocking stuff out. It syncs really tight to anything, and sounds fantastic. It’s got its limitations but everything it does, it does it solidly.

I’m selling off a lot of gear lately, and I am having the hardest time deciding on letting go of the the toraiz I picked up. There’s a level of redundancy with the live and most of the features I would have covered using ableton, but it is truly a beautiful machine. Laying down drums on the live and using the toraiz for melodies, atmospherics, etc is an awesome workflow. I run the outputs of the toraiz to my effects boxes and also feed my other samplers. Such a heavy duty system but just too much stuff for me going on all at once.