Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By KeepEmMovin Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:19 pm
Ogami Daigorō, thank you so much for such a detailed instructions, and thank you JUKE 179r, for converting as PDF manual.
I have a SCSI2SD v5.5, powered via mini USB. Unfortunately i wasn't able to get the emulator working, EPS constantly put a message "Invalid Device" when i tried to format the SCSI drive, no matter what settings i changed on the sd card via SCSI2SD utility :hmmm:
After a few days of frustration i read on Chicken Systems site, that the sampler cant properly communicate with SCSI drive due to its buggy older OS eproms. My unit had ancient OS version, so i had to order newer chips, version 2.40.
After replacing chips i was able to format the SCSI drive. Now it's time to sample! :wink:
By richie Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:14 am
For the EPS classic, 2.40 was rolled out specifically to add compatibility with a few SCSI devices - Not specifically for the SCSI2SD but perhaps the previous ROM you had in your unit was failing to some degree.

I take it that you're also running 2.49 BOOT right?
By terry towelling Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:20 am
I recently bought a Yamaha SU700 sampler with SCSI, so I'm going to try and add an internal SCSI drive to it.
might as well buy two while I'm at and add one to my EPS classic, and replace the floppy emulator.
thanks for the guide and all the info here. I've got a bit of reading to do by the looks of it.

btw...really loving the Su700.
By Tommydee Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:36 am
Hi
Can anyone out there help me out
Got a scsi 2 problem which has arisen from not making a duplicate os disk when it was modified and because did it internally which am now regretting. Somehow my only sd card with a load of personalised dope presets of analog synths hours of work has been corrupted just shows (bad disk/ not eps disk) on start up and won’t boot the os, let alone let me load in all my painstaking hours of labour. I hoped someone might be able to make me a boot disk if I PayPal the money and my address. Currently my only option is to drive 2 hours to get it opened up to put the floppy drive back and house the scsi2 externally so this doesn’t ever happen again. Is there any hope for me can anyone help? Tom
By terry towelling Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:01 am
disk images for the EPS OS can be downloaded here:

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... Images.zip

Tommydee wrote:Hi
Can anyone out there help me out
Got a scsi 2 problem which has arisen from not making a duplicate os disk when it was modified and because did it internally which am now regretting. Somehow my only sd card with a load of personalised dope presets of analog synths hours of work has been corrupted just shows (bad disk/ not eps disk) on start up and won’t boot the os, let alone let me load in all my painstaking hours of labour. I hoped someone might be able to make me a boot disk if I PayPal the money and my address. Currently my only option is to drive 2 hours to get it opened up to put the floppy drive back and house the scsi2 externally so this doesn’t ever happen again. Is there any hope for me can anyone help? Tom