Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By acronym Thu May 17, 2018 11:03 pm
Have an OP-1 which is a keeper, however, I'm torn between keeping my SP404SX or the MPC 1000 with JJOSXL.

Sequencing and making a song is just better with the MPC. However, the SP is fun playing around and the effects are ace. Ideally I like to keep both but I can't afford to keep at this time.
By Sharris Fri May 18, 2018 11:54 pm
That's a hard one (I have both as well)....... I make better beats on my MPC's, but I use my sx more than my MPC's. Like you, I think it's a lot of fun. & it has a lot of uses, it's my swiss army knife........ no matter what gear I use the sx is always in the mix.

I've also been wanting an OP-1 for a while.........

You could buy either one again, so maybe sell which ever you would make the most money on?

If you sell the sx, it would be easier to replace I think..... especially if your 1000 is in good condition.......not that it's hard to find 1000's, but you can still buy sx's brand new, plus there's the 404a, which is the same.

Just throwin stuff out there to give you something to think about. Maybe sell which ever you use less. & if you miss what you sell, buy another one when you have money.
By richie Sat May 19, 2018 2:34 am
It's not even a fair comparison to make. The MPC 1000 with JJOSXL sh*ts on a stand alone SP404SX. However using them together makes more sense.
By Ill-Green Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 pm
You can get maybe $300 on a good day for the SX depending its condition and whether its fully boxed. 1000's still being sold for $450 to $750 range also depending on condition, modding etc.

The OP-1 has dope effects itself, but if you might wanna make a threesome and call it a day. **** money choices and credit burdens :wink: