Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Hoolee Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:22 pm
Waddup ya'll, wasn't sure where to go as I can't find much SP 1200 forums and i'm having issues logging into DXarmy. To cut to the chase I have an SP 1200 and the number buttons have started to not function. Specifically numbers 5-9. I'm not sure if the sensor is f*cked or if it's something else, and I'm going to take it apart to look at it. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Peace!
By CharlesRandolph Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:38 pm
Hoolee wrote:Waddup ya'll, wasn't sure where to go as I can't find much SP 1200 forums and i'm having issues logging into DXarmy. To cut to the chase I have an SP 1200 and the number buttons have started to not function. Specifically numbers 5-9. I'm not sure if the sensor is f*cked or if it's something else, and I'm going to take it apart to look at it. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Peace!

Sounds like the tact switches need to be cleaned or replaced. Let's hope just cleaned. Get some DeoxIT a little goes a long way. No WD 40.

Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By vout Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:45 pm
The SP1200 switches are different from the usual tact switches but they are very easy to clean - use a very small jewellers screwdriver to prise the top of the switch cap off (push the screwdriver down between the switch cap and the black plastic side of the switch and lever the cap off). Be careful not to damage the front panel plastic as it is very soft. below the switch cap is a loose metal contact disk - remove this and clean the underside with fibreglass pen or switch cleaner, also clean the small metal contacts in the base of the switch, one is right in the corner. When all the metal is shiny again replace the disk and push the switch cap back in place, the switch should be good as new. This can all be done without taking anything apart. Occasionally, the contact disk might have got bent from years of use and the switch might still not work reliably, then it has to be replaced.