Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By NearTao Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:19 pm
Heck I remember when they were saying it'd be a Best Buy exclusive... would peek in the instruments section from time to time at the local BB to see if they'd got any in stock. I don't think a single unit ever hit the shelves out here.

It was both ahead of and behind the times... may the Beat Thang R.I.P.
By mr_debauch Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:01 pm
Danoc wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:https://www.mjddesign.info/islainstruments/product/sp-2400/?fbclid=IwAR2uYmiC8Lk-R2FC3d6RLE9pBEKY0eZ4oNKG6RKnQokMXEq7_3jlDpQUeU8

That beat in your signature, is RIDICULOUSLY DOPE ASF!!!!! :worthy:

oh thanks

i guess those review units are being sent out... wonder if it is all NDA shit or will we hear some talk on it.
By inflict3 Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:52 am
NearTao wrote:Heck I remember when they were saying it'd be a Best Buy exclusive... would peek in the instruments section from time to time at the local BB to see if they'd got any in stock. I don't think a single unit ever hit the shelves out here.

It was both ahead of and behind the times... may the Beat Thang R.I.P.

I saw one at a Best Buy here is Seattle. The thing felt like a tank, I banged on it a bit, it seemed glitchy like their software, so glad I only messed with the software...
By 64hz Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:25 am
Lampdog wrote::arrow: Pic is a link

Link is down, what did he say? Probably nothing positive if they took it down. :o
By Lampdog Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:11 pm
He had a short novel on things he saw that felt a little out of place, felt they should be there and weren’t. It’s testing, that’s what it’s for, an attempt to catch things and make better before release. He wasn’t saying this is flowers up and that’s flowers up. I though he was being constructive. Either way, it’s gone or private now.

Everything has felt transparent with steady good doses of info for fans/supporters, why this?
By sinik Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:23 pm
Lampdog wrote:He had a short novel on things he saw that felt a little out of place, felt they should be there and weren’t. It’s testing, that’s what it’s for, an attempt to catch things and make better before release. He wasn’t saying this is flowers up and that’s flowers up. I though he was being constructive. Either way, it’s gone or private now.

Everything has felt transparent with steady good doses of info for fans/supporters, why this?

that's a shame. maybe brad from isla was afraid of having a MPC5000 moment... ;)
By 64hz Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:07 pm
Lampdog wrote:He had a short novel on things he saw that felt a little out of place, felt they should be there and weren’t. It’s testing, that’s what it’s for, an attempt to catch things and make better before release. He wasn’t saying this is flowers up and that’s flowers up. I though he was being constructive. Either way, it’s gone or private now.

Shame really, would be interesting to read what he thinks needs to be done but from a manufacturer point of view I can understand you don't want a high profile artists words taken out of context. I'm sure they are listening to him and other beta testers. Still hoping for a screenshot of his points. :nod: