Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By JUKE 179r Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:50 am
Next up for Behringer is a pocket sized Fairlight CMI. :lol:
By tapedeck Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:14 pm
distortedtekno wrote:
richie wrote:That's nice and all. I am doubtful that it will sound anything like the SP12/S1200.

They did a good job with the Model D. So I’m sure they’ll do a good job with this as well.

true the boog sounds good, but that is simply copying a schematic or a circuit and getting the same result. with an sp, a lot of the voodoo is going to be in the code, which i'm sure they dont have access to. not to mention outdated components that might not be available now. with an analog synth there is really a very narrow range of sound it needs to reproduce so you might not hear the difference a modern component imparts.

but with a digital sampler, everything from tuning algorithms, to encoding/decoding routines, to unavailable digital chips its all going to add up to a particular sound. i've no doubt you CAN do it, but i imagine its a little more involved for a vintage sampler.

also to add - i dont think anything in the original rumour points at behringer. but hey - it could be.
By JUKE 179r Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:31 am
Wormhelmet wrote:I remember someone did a mockup pic of a Roland MV9000.

Wot? This?

:lol: