Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:18 pm
No fanfare, just updates and bug fixes. Ironic that they've corrected the click in the sample at the front, end, as well as reduced it when cutting one off. Took 1 to 2 months max, not 4 years going on 5 with no fix in sight. :lol:
By Lampdog Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:46 pm
It took me about 1 week, 2-3 hours each day to understand what does what.
The only thing that I had to keep doing over and over before it “made sense” in my brain was the A/B buttons and what they do.

Everything else was a normal learning experience, not easy, not hard, just different.

Oh and the left leaning envelope overview was a wtf moment. I had to understand the A/B more and THEN I figured out it’s an overview and a more traditional env screen exist. It wasn’t immediately clear at first.

Pitch envelope can be a considered a pseudo lfo imo.

Pads are the only thing I think could be better. They are cool, could be better.

Shyts built solid as all flowers! I mean it doesn’t have a flimsy feel AT ALL. Feels like an all steel 1911 new pistol in your hands.

USB to computer just drag update to SD Card, when exiting USB MSC mode machine will spring into update mode. Of course you do this manually with SD also. Computer to SD and place SD into 2400 and reboot.

EACH TRACK can be config’d to classic mode or hifi mode.
Classic being 26k/1bit.

The manual has links to a video tutorial (very very helpful), no droning on talking, just ACTUAL useful instruction.
By Lampdog Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:54 am
Pic is a LINK!!

By iofflight Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:44 am
Sense-A wrote:So is it an MPC killer or not?

You gonna reach for this or your MPC the next time you're sampling and tapping out beats?

I'd say it's definitely not. There are too many things that the MPC does yet that the S2400 doesn't. I do tend to reach for my S2400 faster than the MPC Live but if I were lucky enough to have a MPC3000 I don't know if that would still be true. The MPC has a far more mature sequencer at this point and time stretch. Now I know that the next big major update being worked on is adding midi only lanes to the sequencer on banks E-H and Midi CCs sending and receiving. Of course the Live/One/X also have effects. This may happen down the line on the S2400 as well.
By Lampdog Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:26 pm
No return cause boom bap is still alive in other gear these days, it DOES give you the EXACT sound people have been wanting again without the fuss of tweaking eq/filters/bitcrushers. I love mine, don't use it enough though. I have zero complaints. Took some getting used to but just like everything else once you ride a bike it stays with you forever.