Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:20 am
Lampdog wrote:No return cause boom bap is still alive in other gear these days, it DOES give you the EXACT sound people have been wanting again without the fuss of tweaking eq/filters/bitcrushers. I love mine, don't use it enough though. I have zero complaints. Took some getting used to but just like everything else once you ride a bike it stays with you forever.

Boom Bap was on the BET Awards last week, Griselda is bringing it back to the mainstream..
By chino Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:03 pm
2021-07-15 Update

Fixes

Fixed truncated or missing files when resampling after saving a slice of a new sample
Fixed click when muting/soloing
Fixed pause when committing LiveLoop record buffer
Fixed LiveLoops only recording when Run/Stop pressed, not when Rec/Edit+Run/Stop pressed
Fixed graphic glitch when entering fine pitch with number keys
Fixed bug changing sign of fine pitch not setting pitch immediately
Fixed bug when pressing play from sample analysis screen
Fixed bug with gated notes during a pattern copy
Fixed pattern copy not copying tempo or name
Fixed not allowing override button for filter/pitch/level to be pressed while viewing settings
Fixed reset of gated when changing sample
Fixed transposed pitch wrong after resampling
Fixed cumulative pitch bug in step edit when track is transposed
Fixed song not correctly following external clock
Fixed tempo change at end of song repeat group bug
Fixed playhead not being drawn after exiting song mode forum link
Fixed Tap/Repeat key exiting file browser forum link
Fixed bug when saving a small slice from a large sound and assigning it to same pad forum link
Fixed all faders affect pitch in multi mode bug forum link
Fixed bug in step edit that affected parameters of more than the selected step forum link
Fixed bug in waveform editor when start and end are both zero for long sounds forum link
Fixed clicking sound on some samples forum link 1
Fixed F8&F9 LED bug when stopping pattern in waveform editor forum link
Fixed playhead not being drawn after exiting song mode forum link
Fixed new sample play start point forum link
Fixed swing not set correctly until pattern switch forum link
Fixed LED error when pressing run on an empty song forum link
Changes & New Features

Song Mode
Songs can now have swing change events
Added song copy feature, including copying a song to a pattern (press the Copy key in Song mode)
Added popup notification when adding pattern to song from pattern mode (F2)
Sampling
All sampler settings are visible without scrolling (Enter=Tab as usual)
New samples now play on the same channel during editing as the sampling input monitor. forum link
Pressing Sample key from waveform editor closes both the editor and sample screens
Added sampling-specific input mon settings to main inputmon menu
Previously only viewable by pressing Input Mon key from sample mode
Waveform Editor
Loop reps is now on-screen, not in a popup
Fader lock changed to F8 for consistency
In multi mode, the location of other slices is shown on the scroll bar
Back+Pad now resets points to what they were when the editor was first displayed
This is useful for undoing changes after unintentionally moving a fader.
When saving a slice to a new project, name now defaults to original file name, not Sample001
Swing
Swing is now per pattern
When recording, notes now play in time with swing
Note Repeat is now in time with swing
Live erase of notes is now in time with swing
Quick Settings
Hold Swing key and use Arrows/Encoder to change pattern swing without going into menu
Hold Quantize key and use Arrows/Encoder to change default quantization without going into menu
Double-click top row keys for quick access to most common setting or action, without navigating through the menu
Metronome: toggle the metronome on/off for current mode (running, recording, sampling)
Settings: display the Organize Tracks screen
File: display the File Browser
Sync: toggle the clock source between internal and the last selected external source
Input Mon: toggle monitoring on/off
Pan: auto-pan
Pattern Copy
Patterns can now be copied while playing
Added feature to copy a pattern from another project
Can now duplicate pattern events from pattern length screen (in addition to copy screen)
Step Program
Gated notes now fully supported, including in TR mode
Added only play current measure (F5), measure follows cursor
Added play from cursor position (Shift+F5)
Step Edit
Now showing pad number forum link
Added a numerical view for editing all parameters (press F2 to toggle views)
Added nudge step function
LiveLoops
LiveLoops are now toggled with F4 (not F7), because the LiveLoop bank is D and Bank+4 goes to bank D
Apologies to anyone with F7 muscle memory.
LiveLoop Record Buffer level added to Input Mon screen (can be set to zero/silent)
Added LiveLoop record mode: Latched, Momentary, and Fixed-Length
Added LiveLoop arm record feature, recording starts when pattern starts
Added display of total length of loaded samples to settings menu
Added cutoff, resonance, level, and loop/slice settings to their respective mode settings screens (Shift+A/B)
Added only play current measure function (F5 from Pattern or Step Program mode)
Added playback override for level
Added Auto-Pan F9, pans channel pairs left and right if there are any stereo tracks and no mono tracks on those channels
In the text editor, long-press F1 to clear (no longer Shift+F1)
Pressing Back+Pad (track reset) in Multi Mode now resets the eight multi parameters for the current fader mode forum link
Shift+Back (stop samples) also does a MIDI panic when a MIDI bank is selected
Added brief popup confirmation of track erase (Erase+Pad)
The Rec/Edit key now blinks during count-in
Added Stop&Save 1 option to the “Cannot Save While Running” message
Added stop on mute track setting
Now short sounds can optionally finish their decay when muted. Defaults to off if the sound is less than one second.
Improved filter cutoff knob curve
Improved dynamic pad response
Added dynamic pads minimum level percent global setting (previously hard-coded at 12%)
Added preview sound output settings (press F5 in file browser)
Added new Organize Tracks feature which replaces the old Track Move/Copy feature
Added Undo/Redo for pattern editing
Sync
Note numbers in Sync settings can now be entered with the numeric keys
Added MIDI control port (in addition to channel)
Added MIDI CC/NRPN control of all track parameters
Added slice per note MIDI mode for sample tracks
The configured note plays the main slice, the eight notes above that play a multi slice
MIDI Tracks
Up to four banks, set in global settings
Press Shift+Pad to configure tracks
USB Audio
The S2400 outputs 10 channels of USB Audio. The first two are a stereo mix (like the headphones), and 3-10 are the eight individual channel outs (not through the classic analog filters).
Input Mon allows monitoring of stereo USB Audio from a computer
Input Mon (from jacks) can be routed to USB audio
Sampling allows recording of stereo USB Audio from a computer
LiveLoops can record USB Audio from a computer
On-screen Help updated and expanded
MIDI Implementation Chart 19 created
User Manual 29 updated and expanded
S2400_20210715_083052.upd (704.5 KB)

WOW!! HUGE update for the S2400!!!! :-D :-D :worthy:
By saltmcgault Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:17 pm
Huge update! Fixed clicks in the beginning of chops in multi mode?
0 crossing point or not the sample clicks on every pad.
By peterpiper Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:55 pm
jpeg wrote:pitch aliasing on bass notes when using multimode is a big issue for me

i have tried different pit resolutions and they all seem the same

does anyone have a solution

You wanted it, you got it 8) :-D
What about lowpass filter?
If that won't help filter out of the machine.

BTW this is one of the questions I still don't know about the SP1200. If you send the route the sample to output1/2 (outs with enveloped LowPass Filter) what happen to aliasing? Is the filter the last component in the signal chain and filter out the aliasing?

peace
By jpeg Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:23 pm
jpeg wrote:its funny after more experimenting it seems when i pitch a bass note outside of the multi-mode function there is no aliasing very odd but never mind i have a suitable workaround.

edit it seems i was mistaking i was using the bass samples built in the 2400; and it seems those was lower bit rate but when i put my own bass samples in shit was all good with the pitch shifting
By chino Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:19 pm
2021-11-22 Update

Fixes

Fixed faders acting locked bug forum link 4
Fixed lower knob changing cutoff instead of resonance in envelope editor when filter multi disabled forum-link 1
Fixed pad press not changing title and pad LED in Live Loop settings forum link 2
Fixed envelope override/overwrite in multi mode forum link 3
Fixed input monitor double-click and added popup message Input Monitor shortcut doesn’t work from start 3)
Fixed file browser allowing assigning sound to MIDI track then crashing forum link 2
Fixed mute/solo LEDs for Live Loops in Step Program forum link 2
Fixed live erase for MIDI tracks in multi mode forum link 1
Fixed second MIDI track on same tick being full pattern length in Step Program forum link 1
Fixed numerical edit of tempo in Step Program forum link 2
Fixed F5 not working in waveform editor when cursor is on scroll forum link 2
Fixed sample analysis not skipping past silence at beginning of sound forum link 2
Fixed Shift+Arrows/Encoder in Envelope editor forum link 2
Fixed blinkenpads dark option not saving forum link 4
Fixed committing Live Loop causing pattern to stutter
Fixed phase inversion of Line In 1&2
Fixed VU meter (mute/solo) LEDs remaining lit after sampling
Fixed pressing multiple pads simultaneously for MIDI or gated tracks in multi mode in Step Program
Fixed add to song always setting bank A for mute/solo events
Fixed Shift+Run on song mute event bug
Fixed changing filter value in fader mode settings when filter multi disabled
Fixed pad LED not going back to correct color on pad-up for MIDI tracks in multi mode
Fixed time stretch not getting the whole sound after saving a truncated sample
Fixed sample name overflow in step edit
Fixed increasing mixer max gain not increasing set gain when they are equal
Fixed playing gated note cut off when stopping recording
Fixed crash after updating
Fixed not recognizing an update on the SD card after exiting MSC mode
So, if you use MSC to do this update, eject and reinsert the SD card after exiting MSC mode
Changes & New Features

Converted some confirmation dialog boxes to popup messages forum link 7
Stereo samples now trigger both analog filters on channel 1 and 2 when played forum link 5
Added level to Preview Settings (used when not browsing from Assign Sound) forum link 4
New project now sets pattern number to 1 forum link 5
Removed the sample analysis histogram screen, analysis is now just a popup
In save Live Loop and save sample, pressing pad no longer highlights “assign to track”
In save Live Loop, added option to clear the loop and, if assigned to track, add trigger to the pattern (used to always do both if assigned)
Added fader mode name to F8 popups
Added quick copy track: press Copy+Pad, then the destination pad. In multi mode the same action copies parameters from one multi pad to another
Added Swing+Pad/Quantize+Pad, then Arrows/Encoder change value for that track
Changed gate length and nudge amount in Edit Step Parms to display as 16ths:ticks
Changed Run From Cursor in Step Program to Shift+Run/Stop
Added Erase+Enter / Erase+Encoder-click in Step Program to quickly erase everything under the cursor
Removed automatic zoom-to-pattern-resolution from Step Program
If a trigger exists in the pattern off of the current quantize grid, it will appear as a single dot.
Off-grid triggers cannot be selected with the cursor, but can still be edited by pressing Enter as long as the trigger is less than one grid step from the cursor.
User Manual 44 has been updated
This is the latest firmware.
Each firmware update file is complete and includes all previous updates.

S2400_20211122.upd (784.6 KB)

REPEAT

Fixed not recognizing an update on the SD card after exiting MSC mode
So, if you use MSC to do this update, eject and reinsert the SD card after exiting MSC mode

Another firmware update with LOTS of bug fixes & overall improvements!!! :-D :worthy:
By justineastwick Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:01 pm
Anybody enjoying their S2400 more than their MPC? My MPC Live has pretty much been taken of its throne as the center of my little set-up and replaced with my S2400.

It’s so much easier to throw something together for me. Maybe it’s all the stuff my MPC Live comes with: all those plug-ins, effects and whatnot… The S2400 only has the LP, HP and BP filters (so far).

Chopping and loops samples was once something I preferred to do on my MPC Live (because of the bigger screen), but I find the difference negligible now. I can chop/loop samples just as good as I can on my MPC Live.
By ace_of_dub Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:04 am
I'm enjoying my SP404 MKII even more than either the SP2400 or the MPC. So quick to make a beat with it, zero effort. instant feedback. And I can carry it anywhere I want. the SP2400, not so much.
By Fre$hBreath Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:34 pm
I'm just gonna come out and say it, the Isla Instruments S2400 > Rossum SP-1200. There, I said it, that's an undeniable truth. You SP-1200 purists can hate all you want, but I'm no longer neutral. The S2400 is a superior product and Pete Rock is wrong, just wrong...