Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By saltmcgault Fri May 08, 2020 12:44 am
$hitBreath wrote:Which address? The mailbox at the homeless shelter or the dumpster in the back alleyway of restaurant row?

Neither. Should I post a pointless thread and write a 1000 word novel about where I’m from in hopes of gaining a little bit of clout and being accepted?
By Fre$hBreath Fri May 08, 2020 1:08 am
saltmcgault wrote:
$hitBreath wrote:Which address? The mailbox at the homeless shelter or the dumpster in the back alleyway of restaurant row?

Neither. Should I post a pointless thread and write a 1000 word novel about where I’m from in hopes of gaining a little bit of clout and being accepted?

Motherf u c ka, I honestly don't give a sh!t about you or your life, and I doubt you could ever handle where I grew up, you post mad soft...
By peterpiper Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:59 pm
From what I've heard so far I say it sounds ok and since it (can) really sample at low samplerate and bitdepth it is more 'accurate' than any plugin. But if you use it's full capability it won't sound like a beat made on a SP. It's the same as trying to program a realistic acoustic drumpattern in your DAW. Use more than 4 sounds at the same time or program dynamics that no drummer could play and it won't sound 'real'. But if Easy Moe Bee recreate his Flaa In Ya Ear beat on that thing I can imagine only very few could hear a difference.

peace
By CharlesRandolph Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:59 pm
peterpiper wrote:From what I've heard so far I say it sounds ok and since it (can) really sample at low samplerate and bitdepth it is more 'accurate' than any plugin. But if you use it's full capability it won't sound like a beat made on a SP.

Depends on the producer, remember Rhythm Nations album by Janet Jackson used an SP 1200. Yet, it doesn't sound like what people, think an SP 1200 sounds like.

peterpiper wrote:It's the same as trying to program a realistic acoustic drumpattern in your DAW. Use more than 4 sounds at the same time or program dynamics that no drummer could play and it won't sound 'real'.

[/quote]

This depends on the drummer and they're master of the drums. Ghost notes, Double Pedal, Double Stick, etc. There are some monster out there. When people heard Art Tatum play the piano, they thought it was two pianist. :nod:
By Peccary Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:22 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:This depends on the drummer and they're master of the drums. Ghost notes, Double Pedal, Double Stick, etc. There are some monster out there. When people heard Art Tatum play the piano, they thought it was two pianist. :nod:

I saw Mike Mangini at NAMM ages ago and I'd have sworn that dude had 6 arms and 4 legs.